Cant decide between xbox 360 and ps3?
BRACKGROUND INFO :ok i have a ps2 and i like it. im not going to be downloadng game demos and trailers. i dont care about going on websites with it. i have a hd tv and i wan to make use with it. and i like to play games online.
which one has better graphis?
and will my ps2 controls and multitap and steering wheel work on the ps3?
what is the difference with the xbox 360, pr0, elite?
Which one should i buy !!!!!!!!!!
- ShadowfyreLv 61 decade agoBest Answer
The Playstation 3 is the better choice because
*Reliability- The PS3 has a .2% defect rate, the Xbox 360 has a 33% failure rate.
*Cell Processor- The cell processor is an extremely powerful micro processor built of 8 processors (SPE's) and one PPE. This processor is built for extreme amounts of processing and is very useful for multi tasking through artificial intelligence, physics, lighting navigation, etc- The xbox 360 has a 3 core processor, which is strong in general processing, albeit not the best for video games.
*RSX GPU- The RSX is a powerful GPU which is specialized to work with the cell processor to render DX10 like graphics by pooling it's RAM.- The xbox 360's GPU can only handle DX-9, while is good in the graphics department, though not the best.
*Blu Ray- The next generation disc medium which can store up to 50GB (100GB in experimental models) The extra space allows game developers to make large responsive environments, complex artificial inelegance, HD video and audio, etc. without compression.- The xbox 360 only uses DVD for games, which can only hold 9GB, which results in short games, aka Halo 3, Bioshock, and gears of war.
*Other operating systems- The ps3 can get different operating systems installed, such as Linux, allowing it to be an alternative computer, and you can install many different programs.- The xbox 360 cannot do this
*Web browser- The ps3 has a decent web browser, which you can go to many different web sites with, it does have basic flash updates, but it does need to be improved upon, including in java, though this can be fixed easily via a firmware upgrade. Many popular sites like myspace and youtube are accessible though.- the xbox 360 doesn't have one
*Folding@home- With this program which can be downloaded to any PS3 easily, you can use your PS3's extra processing power while you're not using it for Cancer research by folding and analyzing proteins.
*Play TV- Pretty much Tivo for your ps3, a tuner that you can record things with. Though it has only been announced to launch in Europe so far.
*Interchangeable hard drive- This pretty much means you can change the size of your hard drive with any hard drive so you can store more things.- you have to buy an expensive MS HDD for the 360
*Built in wifi- Wifi lets you connect to the internet wirelessly- With the xbox 360 you have to buy a wifi adapter for $100, this comes standard in the PS3.
*Free Online- the xbox 360 costs $50 per year
*Playstation Home- Playstation home is an interactive community of ps3 users where you can play games or meet up with friends and hang out at your virtual home and hang outs, as well as stream live media(releasing in early 08 and is FREE)
* Games- For now good games include; Heavenly Sword, Resistance Fall of Man, Rainbow Six Vegas, Folklore, warhawk, lair, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Call of Duty 4 Uncharted:Drakes Fortune, Motorstorm, Eye of Judgment etc. Good upcoming games are Haze, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Yakuza 3, White Knight Story, Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear online, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Afrika, Time Crisis 4, Tekken 6, Socom: Confrontation, L.A. Noire, Motorstorm 2, InFamous, Killzone 2, Kurayami, Way of the Samurai 3, etc. Over 300 games will be released by next spring.
- 4 years ago
Two things first: - Dont buy either if you don't have a large TV, doesnt need to be HD but you do need a big one. - Dont by one before Christmas, get it in the January sales and youll be able to get a couple of games for the same price!!! after that get PS3, Xbox 360's arent particularly reliable, with my experience of the Xbox and Microsoft products and stories of all my mates Xbox 360's they break easy!!! the PS3 also use blu-ray. so the games are going to be bigger, more detailed, with better soundtracks and audio scores. as far as i know online gaming is free, where Xbox 360 does have free silver package which means you can go online but cant play games, you can play xbox games that are backwards compatible for free online but nobody seems too. the PS3 has far brighter and sucessful future than the Xbox 360 Elite, but personally i wouldnt get either yet i would wait a bit longer for the PS3!!!
- lalalaLv 51 decade ago
ok check this.... you should get a ps3 why?
1. blu-ray is currently RAPING HD DVD in the format wars... blu-ray is OWNING now that big company warner bros. and once HD DVD exclusive company paramount switched to blu-ray....
it got HD DVD so nervous that they had to cancel their pres con in the CES in nevada...
so what does this have to do with 360? well now that their format of choice is failing what do you think will happen to their games when HD DVD starts losing money? they say that now the 360 is actually considering adding a blu-ray reader to their system cuz they realize that soon HD DVD will be extinct.... im telling you thats a big blow to their sales....
2. the 360 network is experiencing numerous problems right now because of too many users... microsoft is having a hard time fixing this....
3. to play online on the 360 you have to pay... the ps3 however is FREE and also FREE of problems...
4. the ps3 is a investment for the future... its picking up speed blu-ray is coming out as king... now is the right time to buy... cuz there is no doubt ps3 is gonna win...
5. the graphics with xbox 360 is pretty even right now... but once programers get used to blu-ray you'll start seeing its true power in its graphics engine with games in the future...
6. i own all 3 systems and out od the 3 the 360 is the most defective... had to give it back 3 times...
7.your controllers and steering will will work as long as you get a ps2 controller converter....
the difference between pro and elite is the hard drive space and a few other hardware accessories.....
so in conclusion get a ps3.....
hope this helped you out!:D
don't forget to pick a best answer!
- BaSeBaLlKiD721Lv 61 decade ago
you are better off getting a ps3 because...
- ps3 has a built-in blu-ray player
-ps3 supports 1.3 HDMI which has rich colors and xbox supports 1.2 HDMI
- ps3 has much more and better exclusives, most of them cant go to xbox 360 because it cant handle that many data(DVD- 8.5gb, blu-ray 50gb)
- because of the blu-ray's huge space, ps3 will have WAY better graphics than 360
- online is free for ps3 not like 360
- ps3 will have over 300 games released by this spring
- you can browse the internet on ps3, no such thing for xbox 360
- when developers get used to the system, the graphics will be WAY better than 360. should take them a year to get used to it
- developers stated that they will start using ps3 as the lead platform and port ps3 games to xbox
- playstation home is coming out this spring, its a virtual community where you can hang out with friends and customize your own apartment which xbox doesnt have(FREE)
- ps3 is a true HD console. xbox 360 upscale games to 1080p and ps3 DISPLAY games up to 1080p
- built in Wi-Fi
- xbox 360: 33% hardware failure
ps3: .2% hardware failure(see the decimal? less than 1%!)
- ps3 has better back-comp except the 40gb
- rumble returns in spring 2008
- you can upgrade your harddrive without voiding warranties with any 2.5 HDD, which xbox cant because you have to buy a xbox HDD
(they actually have the step by step on how to upgrade it on playstation.com)
those are the ones that i know right off my mind but there are much more reason than this
Now I want you to do me a favor, list all the reasons why xbox is better than ps3. I PROMISE you that nobody will get at least 5 reasons
Prices as of today:
ps3- 80gb: $499 with motorstorm
40gb: $399 with spiderman 3 blu-ray
xbox 360(premium)- $349
if you want the accessories that ps3 comes with, that would add up to over 700 dollars, so that means ps3 is actually cheaperSource(s): i own a ps3
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
it al depends on if you want to play online or single player. I have both. If you are going to get xbox live get xbox. Xbox is xtremely good for playing online. PS3 doesn't have that many exclusive games and the ones that are exclusive are pretty short. FOr the ps3 the online isn't reallly good. So it all depends if you want good online gameplay or just single player. Xbox 360 also does have alot of good single player games and exlusives like gears of war, hao 3, ace combat, crackdown, and a lot more. I would get the 360.
- Spider PigLv 41 decade ago
elite has better online connection and bigger hard xbox 360 u have to pay to go online but good game like halo ps3 better graphics and dont have to pay for going online but ps3 has goof games xbox360 has better ones yes ur ps2 controls will work on ps3
- 1 decade ago
if u cant decide get them both they both have great games!!!