Are stores open on Martin Luther King day?

This is the only day I can go shopping and to a far away mall so I wanted to to know if malls or stores are open on Martin Luther King day. Please do not tell me to look at the mall's or the store's website, it does not tell me.

I was thinking about going to the Chicago Woodfield Mall, or Gurnee Mills.

Favorite Answer

Yes they are. Retail businesses will close for three days: Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. They are open on New Years and other federal holidays like memorial day. There just isn't any postal service or banks open. The rest will be open.

Some areas in the south may close, so there is that possibility. I don't know where you live or where this mall, but if its in the south, I would call and ask directory assistance if you're still concerned.

Just for curiosity, which one is it?

the only holidays stores close are thanksgiving, christmas, and new years