Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anyone know the title of this French animated cartoon?

It has subtitles

it looks to be made around 1970 - 1990 ish

it is water color looking animation, with a lot of browns, pinks and whites

the plot has to do with smaller human looking creatures being held as captive "pets" by very larger giant also human looking creatures. If the smaller ones try to escape they can't because they have some kind of collar that shocks them if they try to wander.

It seems to be French.

It has a little bit of strange sounding music in it, which isn't really music but more like sound effects to amplify the plot.

I'm not sure how long it is, maybe about 45 minutes or so?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I assume you mean the feature Fantastic Planet, designed by the great designer Roland Topor, and based on a novel by Stephen Wul. Came out in 1973. Topor did a lot of New York Times Op Ed Page illustrations and similar prestige American illustration jobs. He also wrote a novel called The Tenant which was filmed by fellow Polish emigre Roman Polanski.

Edit:

I saw this film in the Avon Theater in Providence Rhode Island on its first release. That is still a fond memory.

Topor was born in France to Polish Emigre parents, according to the Wikipedia. My mistake. The film was titled La Planète Sauvage, and was directed by Rene Laloux who also adapted another Stephen Wul adaptation, Les Maitres du Temps, on which he worked with Jean Giroux (Moebius). Moebius is great. So is Stephen Wul. La Planète Sauvage is great. Avoid Les Maitres du Temps at all costs.

It was a feature length film.

• 5 years ago

Advanced 3D Animation Software - http://3danimationcartoons.com/?YYLg

• Yagami
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I'm French & i have no idea what are you talking about

I was thinking "Les Chtrounfs" but those are blue & white not brown well anyway i tried.

• 1 decade ago

maybe Asterix - hes a lil viking guy that has this sidekick that carries boulders.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.