Do you follow the 3 second rule if you drop food on the floor?

Favorite Answer

at home, yes...anywhere but the bathroom. never in public. ya never know.

• Sara H

I follow the rule of "If I saw it drop, and it's not actively covered in dirt or something when I pick it up to eat it, it's still good". This rule has been known to occur up to 5 hours after the food has dropped.

Depends on how fast my dog is. Usually she is afoot & can smell a morsal of food from a football field away & can sprint to it in less than a nano second!

If the dog isn't fast enough I make my 5 yr old daughter toss it in the trash though.

it's the 5 second rule...and you need to watch the myth buster episode on that one...as soon as contact is made the germs are there regardless of the length of contact....the type of food...like crackers versus bread...does come into play....the bread being more porous collects more germs....but even at that I like everyone else has done it....you get germs anyway so.....whatever...as long as the floor isn't grossly dirty and it's not the bathroom...ugh

Depends on the food but mines usually a 30sec rule

• carree

At living house i carry on with the three 2nd rule. everywhere else, there's a astonishing element observed as the three inch rule: as quickly because it incredibly is interior of three inches of the floor, it incredibly is on the spot poisonous WASTE

Depends how recently I cleaned the floor and what the food was. Cookie on a clean floor... of course. Lasagna on a cruddy floor...ah, no.

it depends on where i drop it.. and what type of food it is.. but yeah normally i will flow the 3 second rule

isnt it the 5 sec rule

sure food is food ha

never heard of anyone dying for eating sumthing off the floor

I'm not that strict, it can be a lot longer; and it depends on the food and the floor.

As you get older, the time limit expands along with ones waist line. Later, the time limit goes away completely. Finally, you just buy a dog.