Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 1 decade ago

What's causing all of the world's weird weather lately?

I have a good layman's knowledge about the weather, but I'm not an expert. There has been so much strange weather lately-snow in Baghdad for the first time, a cold snap in Florida, a winter tornado in Wisconsin, a rare tornado in Washington state, 64 in Chicago in January! What's going on?!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

These events are quite unusual, but not unprecedented, at least for the most part. Our abilities to detect and record these events have improved, which is part of the reason we hear more about these events.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i really don't think it had anything to do with global warming, because things have settled down and its gotten colder here in wis. my guess (when the tornadoes were happening) was that there was a storm somewhere that was causing all of this (we always talk about it in school, like when the hurricanes come, we tend to have a lot of rain and wind, even though we're in wis.) other than that, i have no explanation. but i know its not global warming.

• mikk
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Global Warming!!

• 1 decade ago

Global Warming, and Bush

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Check out the following link on Climate

problemshttp://green.yahoo.com/blog/ecogeek/244/high-schoo...

Its good

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

AHHHHH! the world is coming to a end! time for someone to build an arc so we can ascape the tsunami thats heading for the U.S. in 2010!....j/k

• 1 decade ago

i have heared that was caused of a little explotion of radiation in the sun send the radiation up to here and make all of that but thats what i heared.

• 1 decade ago

nothing unusual here in Vancouver or Seattle...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.