how do i get music off of an ipod?

I lost my whole music collection (mostly MP3s I ripped from my old CD collection) when my hard drive failed. Luckily, most of them are still on my ipod. But I can't figure out how to transfer them from my ipod back to my new hard drive! Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

sorry but it's not possible. you can only dump files into the ipod, not out of it.

The ones you've bought from iTunes will transfer automatically when you authorize (or in your case re-authorize) your computer to your account. Then go to:

http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/musicrescue/ because the ones you've ripped from CD will NOT automatically transfer.

The program is free, but it will ask you every 50 songs if you want to buy it. It works beautifully, it's easy to use, and it's very fast. It took maybe 15 minutes at the most to copy everything off my 4 gig Nano, which had about 938 songs at the time.

on the newer versions of itunes you can remove songs that were purchased FROM itunes into an itunes file on another computer, but it will only work on up to i believe 5 devices, counting ipods and pcs. if you didn't purchase the songs directly from the itunes store, i'm sorry but it wont work.

Plug up the IPod into your computer.go to itunes,then library.

Once your there then click the ones you dont want anymore.

Go to file.

Click "Sinc Owner's IPod"

This will delet all the ones on your ipod you selected to delet.

Source(s): ALSO Can you people please answer my latest question?the first 5 people to answer..will have a chance at 10 points!The best answer out of 5 will win 10 points.the subject is about guys.;)

Click the top song, press shift + down, highlight them all, right click the press delete (will delete off cpu permanently though)

sorry, you cant take music files from an ipod and load them onto a computer =( i know it blows.

usually when you put itunes back on your new hardrive it will ask to upload your old tunes to the new itunes..

sure and all you need is an ipod transfer....

u can't do it it isn't possible!

my sister works for apple and i called her and she said no!

have no clue i never had an i pod can i have yours