Omg does hollister really own Abercrombie?

R u serious? someone asked a similar question! im blonde so im not up on that stuff but please answer if you know!

then y's abercrombie a tiny bit more priced?

Favorite Answer

Abercrombie and Fitch started out as a hunting, fishing, safari, camping,and outdoor store in New York City in the 1800's. It was originally Abercrombie, but eventually David Abercrombie partnered with a man named Ezra Fitch,a regular customer and lawyer, thus forming Abercrombie and Fitch. Over the years, Abercrombie and Fitch became one of the nations largest sporting goods suppliers, in fact, it even outfitted Charles Lindbergh for his historic flight across the Atlantic in 1927. In 1978, Abercrombie is bought by Oshman's sporting goods. In 1988 it was sold to another company,The Limited. By this time, it had become the Abercrombie that we know today, selling clothing. It became a dormant company for a few years and then was spun off from The Limited and became it's own company again, Abercrombie and Fitch. It made a come back and became popular nationwide. Today Abercrombie and Fitch owns several other clothing companies, Hollister Co.,Abercrombie(the kids version of Abercrombie and Fitch), and Ruehl 925, a small clothing store based in New York City's Greenwich village.

• Adin

Abercrombie & Fitch owns Hollister.

Abercrombie owns hollister.

Okay. I'm never like EW OMG ABERCROMBIE AND HOLLISTER. And I honestly don't know anyone that is. I can afford thier overpriced clothes, but I choose not to waste my money on them. And no, I don't shop at the salvation army and walmart. Seriously, everyone wears it, so, why be the same? I'll see like 5 people wearing the same hollister or abercrombie shirt on the same day. People wear it, because of the name on it, which is REDICULOUS. Doesn't anyone want to be unique and not conform to what everyone else is wearing? I personally, just don't like their clothes, my opinion. But it's not like I go around hating on anyone wearing it, or say things about it. But, honestly, why do you care so much about 'haters'? And for people spitting on them, please, stop overexatterating!

• Ashley

no, Abercrombie and fitch owns hollister, so when they opened hollister they wanted it to be a bit cheaper, so they use cheaper quality.

They also probably wanted to keep it as the original u know so im thinking they purposely made it higher priced, and used higher qualitys that way it makes it seem better? lol

Abercrombie owns Hollister... not the other way around...

hollister co is a branch of the abercrombie company. and under that company they also own ruehl 925 and abercrombie kids (along with hollister)

and thats why all their clothes look exactly the same... haha

• me

Abercrombie owns Hollister, Abercrombie is more preppy and more expensive while Hollister is more laid back and a liitle cheaper

Abercrombie owns hollister not the other way. Abercrombie owns REUHL 21 also. fyi

Source(s): I know that, i`m blonde ; )

other way around, abercrombie owns hollister