Omg does hollister really own Abercrombie?

R u serious? someone asked a similar question! im blonde so im not up on that stuff but please answer if you know!

Update:

then y's abercrombie a tiny bit more priced?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Abercrombie and Fitch started out as a hunting, fishing, safari, camping,and outdoor store in New York City in the 1800's. It was originally Abercrombie, but eventually David Abercrombie partnered with a man named Ezra Fitch,a regular customer and lawyer, thus forming Abercrombie and Fitch. Over the years, Abercrombie and Fitch became one of the nations largest sporting goods suppliers, in fact, it even outfitted Charles Lindbergh for his historic flight across the Atlantic in 1927. In 1978, Abercrombie is bought by Oshman's sporting goods. In 1988 it was sold to another company,The Limited. By this time, it had become the Abercrombie that we know today, selling clothing. It became a dormant company for a few years and then was spun off from The Limited and became it's own company again, Abercrombie and Fitch. It made a come back and became popular nationwide. Today Abercrombie and Fitch owns several other clothing companies, Hollister Co.,Abercrombie(the kids version of Abercrombie and Fitch), and Ruehl 925, a small clothing store based in New York City's Greenwich village.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Adin
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Abercrombie & Fitch owns Hollister.

• 1 decade ago

Abercrombie owns hollister.

• 4 years ago

Okay. I'm never like EW OMG ABERCROMBIE AND HOLLISTER. And I honestly don't know anyone that is. I can afford thier overpriced clothes, but I choose not to waste my money on them. And no, I don't shop at the salvation army and walmart. Seriously, everyone wears it, so, why be the same? I'll see like 5 people wearing the same hollister or abercrombie shirt on the same day. People wear it, because of the name on it, which is REDICULOUS. Doesn't anyone want to be unique and not conform to what everyone else is wearing? I personally, just don't like their clothes, my opinion. But it's not like I go around hating on anyone wearing it, or say things about it. But, honestly, why do you care so much about 'haters'? And for people spitting on them, please, stop overexatterating!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ashley
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

no, Abercrombie and fitch owns hollister, so when they opened hollister they wanted it to be a bit cheaper, so they use cheaper quality.

They also probably wanted to keep it as the original u know so im thinking they purposely made it higher priced, and used higher qualitys that way it makes it seem better? lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Abercrombie owns Hollister... not the other way around...

• 1 decade ago

hollister co is a branch of the abercrombie company. and under that company they also own ruehl 925 and abercrombie kids (along with hollister)

and thats why all their clothes look exactly the same... haha

• me
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Abercrombie owns Hollister, Abercrombie is more preppy and more expensive while Hollister is more laid back and a liitle cheaper

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Abercrombie owns hollister not the other way. Abercrombie owns REUHL 21 also. fyi

Source(s): I know that, i`m blonde ; )
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

other way around, abercrombie owns hollister

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.