I don't get it???

for the past 4 months i haven't been able to sleep and if i do sleep and i wake up when i am am soppoed to get up i can't eat breakfast before school and can hardly even get out of bed to go to school. it's not like i go to bed really late and have to get up really early cuz i go to bed at 10 and get up and 7:30. another thing is that i am falling asleep in calss all the time. how can i acctually get a good night sleep?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Has anybody told you you snore? That could be a sign of sleep apnea. I kept getting up really tired after I thought I had slept. Turns out after a sleep study I had sleep apnea. It's when you quit breathing. The study showed I was struggling to breathe every 2 minutes. You never really get into a deep sleep.

I got it treated and feel great now

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no caffeine after 4 p.m. no food after 6 p.m. (except a very light snack if you're famished and hunger is waking you up), try a warm shower before going to bed. try relaxation CD like the sound of rain or very soft music. try reading a bit while you're in bed to relax. no TV in your bedroom -- it's just for sleeping (or homework but don't do this in bed). think positive thoughts -- pretend you're somewhere in nature that you really like. relax

if none of this works, see your doctor, but don't start relying on meds if you can work out a way that's more natural

• 1 decade ago

Note what are you eating before you go to bed. Eating late can cause disturbance in your sleep. There was a recent research that I read about getting better sleep. Doctors suggest that having two teaspoon of honey before you go to sleep can actually help you to have a sound sleep. If you see your sleeping problems continuing over time please see a doctor. Good luck:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree, try cutting back on the caffeine after a certain time. maybe try a warm bath or something that will relax you before you fall asleep. there are also relaxation techniques you can look into that might help you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sleepy time tea. It's natural and works (for me anyway). Melantonin also helps, it's what your body uses to go to sleep and is sold in drugstores and places that sell vitamins.

• 1 decade ago

sleep less. Sometimes your body does not require a lot of sleep and if it does find something that makes you active every morning.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try not eating or drinking an caffine like soda and stuff or chocolate 2 hours before you go to bed so u won't be so awake.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.