Elliott Smith from the late?

How exactly did it happen that Elliott Smith committed suicide? I saw on wikipedia that he had a stab wound that they weren't sure of if it was suicidal or not. What was going on in his life? I heard that maybe he locked his girlfriend in the bathroom? Did he ever sell 1 million copies? I know he was kind of anti-publicity, (Oscars) but is there any more to it? I recently discovered this artist watching Good Will Hunting, and I would really like to know more about how Elliott Smith ticked. Thanks. Also, I love the songs "Miss Misery," "Say Yes," and "Angeles." Any other songs you like from him?

Favorite Answer

I can't answer all of your questions, but Elliot Smith definately killed himself. Uhm, I really really like "Somebody that I used to know", "Pretty (Ugly Before)", "Son of Sam", and "Everything means nothing to me"

I've heard many subliminal passages on his last albulm as well...it's interesting that when they edited the cd (it was done after his death with the approval of his family) that they left out several songs ..makes ya wonder what we we missed out on