Av or Component?

I have a ps3, and i use a regular flat screen tv ( Not HD ), and i use the av cables which came with the ps3, which is the Yellow(viddeo) , white and red (sound). i was wondering if i will get better quality if i use component cables on this tv. i dont know if it will make a difference since my tv in not HD...?

Favorite Answer

With component cables, you will get a better picture than composite cables. I was using composite cables with my PS3 for about 1 month after I bought it and then I got the Sony Composite cables and I noticed a difference in the graphic quality and the colors on-screen look a lot better with Component Cables.

A good Component cable that I recommend is the Sony Component cables for the PS3. They cost just around $19.00-$25.00 brand new and they were the same component cables that I used for almost all of 2007 until I got an HDTV and a HDMI cable.

Does your TV accept component cables? If it does, use it. Composite cables is the worst that you can use. Even s-video is better than composite cables.