Brand name vs. generic precnancy test.?

Is there really a difference between brand name and generic store pregnancy tests? Besides price obviously.

Favorite Answer

NOT AT ALL! about a year ago i had a few pregnancy scares and used the dollar store brand (dollar tree) and they said i wasn't prego. turns out i wasnt. then in august i had an extra one and used it and it said i was pregnant so because it was from the dollar store and i was skeptic i bought 2 ept tests at walgreens. they said i was pregnant as well so just to be SUPER sure i was in fact pregnant i went to planned parenthood and paid $10 for them to give me a test. and i was pregnant. funny thing is i saw the test they used and it was the same exact one from the dollar store. i was kinda mad i wasted about $25 extra dollars on test but moral of the story is the dollar store brand is used in medical offices and obviously work since im now 27 weeks. no need to buy expensive ones.

The only problem I had using the Dollar Tree test at 12dpo was that it took over the 10min for a goos positive to show up. Like before the 10 you could only see a second line in certain light a the right angle. But I took a first response later that day and got a positive. They get faster the farther along you are though. So i'd go for the cheap ones, then use a more expensive one when you think you've got a positive. Good Luck

Source(s): 16 weeks and 3 days w/ baby #1
  • Sandra

C'mon people, just because the active ingredients are the same does NOT mean the drug effectiveness is the same. This is easy to assume, I know but if you really do the research and think outside the box, it's about the BA (bioavailability) of that active ingredient. I know that for generic ibuprofin, the INactive ingredients, the imolsifiers, fillers etc are crap and do not help the active ingredient get absorbed into the system nearly as well as the brand names who have done 18 years of research to make the best product. People are Sheeple and will believe anything that is popular to believe. And don't gimme this "placebo" BS either.. I used to think like most people and thought that they were all the same and started buying generic ibuprofin for my bad headaches that i always got. I was tired of paying for the brand names.. I "thought" it was gonna work the exact same way (placebo effect would have made this happen) however, i noticed that I NEVER got any relief. I switched back to brand name advil and BOOM.. relief gone everytime. This led me to do my own research on it and not just assume they are all the same. If placebo was involved then I would have had NO problem w the generic as I Thought it was going to work the same

A test is a test. Some studies show some may detect lower levels of hcg, but I don't know! I took a dollar tree one and two walgreens brand ones, all turned out positive! Just an FYI I know of a health department that uses same company as dollar tree does!

• I actually used the CVS brand and got my results after trying EPT and first response in the 2-3 days before. I would go with a comparable store named brand but nothing from the dollar tree or something like that.... some claim to tell you first but I don't think that is necessarily true.... Good luck!

ordering drugs online can cut costs considerably. A Consumer Reports study found that savings can reach 25% or more.

Experts say, sites that offer to sell "lifestyle" drugs such as Viagra and Propecia without a visit to your doctor's office. Those sites can charge as much as cheaper the usual cost of such drugs.

Recommended Sites:

www.ustabs.com

www.nycpill.com

Don't forget to include shipping expenses in your online prescription comparisons. Although the cost of delivery by standard mail is nominal at many sites, and free at others, it can become quite expensive if you need overnight delivery.

Generic drugs are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have the investment costs of the developer of a new drug. New drugs are developed under patent protection. The patent protects the investment--including research, development, marketing, and promotion--by giving the company the sole right to sell the drug while it is in effect. As patents near expiration, other manufacturers can apply to the FDA to sell generic versions. Because those manufacturers don't have the same development costs, they can sell their product at substantial discounts. Also, once generic drugs are approved, there is greater competition, which keeps the price down. Today, almost half of all prescriptions are filled with generic drugs.

Recommended Sites:

www.tabscanada.com

www.opharmarcy.com

• Updаtes:
      🔸www.ustabs.com ··················· >> www.pharm-canada.com

🔹www.nycpill.com ··················· > > www.pharm-canada.com

🔸www.tabscanada.com ··················· >> www.pharm-canada.com

🔹www.opharmarcy.com ··················· >> www.pharm-canada.com

• Peachy

No, I thought I should only use the EPT tests but after trying for so long they tend to get expensive. So I bought the cheap grocery store brand and it worked great - got my positive!!!!

Source(s): 7 year old son 2 m/c baby girl on the way!!

I would like to know this to because anytime I buy a pregnancy test I always find the most expensive one because I automatically think that just because it is higher priced its gonna give me better results or there's less chance for error.

Para aquellos que sufren de disfunción eréctil recomendaría probar este prootto naturales innovatio que es verdaderamente milagroso http://mejorarereccion.info

Muchos hombres son ocasionalmente expuestos a las dificultades de erección y esta experiencia se vive psicológicamente de una manera muy negativa.

Una erección es un complejo de respuesta fisiológica que depende de unos mecanismos de integración sin fisuras de vascular, endocrino y neurológico. I indicaron que el producto es ciertamente capaz de garantizar una erección perfecta.

A pregnancy test is just that a pregnancy test, just fallow the directions