Paying Back Student Loans?

I'm a Junior in college. Since I've entered school, I've been taking out loans of approximately $7,500 per semester from my bank (I get no financial aid due to my parents' financial status, and am paying completely on my own.) My parents have been taking care of my loans, and until recently, they... show more I'm a Junior in college. Since I've entered school, I've been taking out loans of approximately $7,500 per semester from my bank (I get no financial aid due to my parents' financial status, and am paying completely on my own.) My parents have been taking care of my loans, and until recently, they had me under the impression I would be paying back what I borrowed. I knew I would be in debt, but I figured it would be nothing that a steady job could not pay back within time. Today, I found a bank disclosure statement which says that I must pay back almost $20,000 for ONE semester that costs me $7,500. I am trying to hold it together right now and figure this out, but this is all too overwhelming to me. I don't know what to do, where to go, etc. I guess you could say I need some advice on how it is even POSSIBLE for me to pay this back. I did the calculations and it seems as if I'll be paying back close to $160,000 for my college tuition which I cannot even fathom.
6 answers 6