Cruelty-free makeup? Just wondering how many buy it?

I am just curious how many people go out of their way to get cruelty-free makeup/beauty products (humane, not tested on animals)? I do and I have found some great eco-friendly products because of it.

It's good to hear many want to be animal-friendly. I wish it was cheaper too, but I'm willing to pay the price.

Here are some companies that are cruelty free (I think PETA also has a list on their website.):

Lush cosmetics (love-it!)

Urban Decay

Clinique

Mac

Hard Candy

. . . .there are more, check out PETA

I know most proctor & gamble products do test on animals so be careful at walgreens.

Alright, so if PETA is untrustworthy, is there a more trusthworthy site?

Favorite Answer

Most of the animal testing is done by the drugstore brands because they use a lot of fillers that could be harmful. Most of the higher end companies use better ingredients that are known to be safe because the ingredients are well known. I use Bee-Luscious because of this and the fact that all of their make up has FDA approved ingredients!

EDIT:

I don't use the PETA web-site because I think they have their own agenda. I distrust them completely. I do my own research and ask questions.

http://www.beeluscious.com

Kms Mineral Essnetial Cosmetics is cruelty free; works just as well as the leading brand, and you will get a ton of makeup for the price.

www.kmsmineralessentials.com.

Source(s): www.kmsmineralessentials.com

Don't use makeup. When you are in your 30 you'll look like you're 40. I think it's bad for the skin. You are a great person if you use such product that are not tested on animals.

Wish you the best

• Ambi

I also go out of my way to do this. It's not really that hard if you do a little research, plus there are great products out there. I wish more people thought like us!

I always do too.

Urban Decay and MAC are the two best makeup brands out there to me, and thankfully they are both cruelty-free.

To say it for the record here.... The cosmetics industry is huge, but the average man really doesn't like to see women in make up... It is something you've cooked up amongst yourselves, but not with us... I am not saying that you have to go absolutely natural, I'm just saying thst you use way too much of it as it is, and it is cruel to us...

I must say, I don't. I look for price, very selfish, and if its eco-friendly its a bonus.

However, I would be more satisfied using eco-friendly products.

I used to, but I had to order it online and it was expensive. What brands do you buy? Are there any available in nation-wide stores that aren't really $$$? I would love to know.

i dont wear make up, but i think its more important to get food from places that dont torture their animals, like KFC does. if i was an animal i'd much rather have make up be put on me rather than have my wings and legs pulled off and being skinned alive.

Yep I do. Mostly I do origins! My BF's mom used 2 work for them soo I really do no!