Fired but had Doctors note.( Walmart )?

So I was out the first time because my employer failed to pay attention to my back problem, I went to my doctor to get time off for my back to heal. That note was for one day. Then I got Severe Sinitus,Had to take time off from work for that,that was for two days. So I had a total of three days off,but had... show more So I was out the first time because my employer failed to pay attention to my back problem, I went to my doctor to get time off for my back to heal. That note was for one day. Then I got Severe Sinitus,Had to take time off from work for that,that was for two days. So I had a total of three days off,but had doctor's notes for the three days. I return to work and get fired,No warning,nothing..?
Does Walmart have a right to do this, when they are suppose to follow their own policy when it comes to coaching and terminating?
Update: I did the correct steps,Turned in my doctors note(s) and told a co-mgr on both occasions. so yes I took the proper steps.
(( For Rick B ))