Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Is getting drunk from Wine a different drunk feeling??

than beer or vodka???

How much would it take to feel a buzzz??? (for a lightweight)

Favorite Answer

I defiantly disagree with the lot of you. Wine drunk is very different. At least as far as I'm concerned... The buzz is a much different feeling. Booze effects everyone differently. There's only one way to fine out how it will effect you...

Wine Drunk

I personally cannot answer this question since I'm 20, but I've heard from friends ;-) that you get drunk faster, though the feelings the same...this is because the wine is higher in alcohol content then most beers, however some vodka's are higher then wine. If you were a lightweight, depending on your weight, if you were heavy set, then it would take a lot more glasses to get you drunk, but I would say 2 glasses and your pretty much buzzed and close to drunk

the drunkenness is the same alcohol is alcohol but you may feel different as vodka is probably going to get you drunk much faster than wine and wine will probably get you drunk faster than beer.

There's also the fact that wine and beer have a lot more volume and that in general will make you feel different but the drunkenness is the same. For example if you drink 6 beers that's 3 liters of liquid. Mixed drinks have tons of sugar and such generally all these things will contribute to how you feel. Drunk is drunk though it's all the same.

Source(s): drinking

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

than beer or vodka???

Source(s): drunk wine drunk feeling: https://biturl.im/YtbZ0

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/lgyw1

Depends how much you weigh, I weigh 150 and get a buzz off of a couple of glasses but can drink a bottle by myself. Look up some charts, wine is like 12% (?) alcohol, beer can be 3 or 7 or malt liquor strength. Booze is all different, look at the proof on the bottle and half it. When you get tested for a DUI, they say one "drink" equivalent is something like one 12 oz beer, 8 oz wine, or 1 oz alcohol, but as I mentioned above, they can all vary in strength. If you've eaten anything recently can make a difference, too. You sound like you're experimenting for the first time, I'm not going to preach to you, I did it, my friends did it.. just be at a safe place and remember that you can get really sick. We had a party when mom was out of town and my friend Wendy, 14, was showing off drinking a fifth of Jack Daniels. She got alcohol poisoning and we had to call an ambulance. Again, I'm not saying don't do it, because you're going to anyway, just don't drink more than 6 beers or half bottle of wine or small glass (half can of pop) of booze. The first few times you should drink even less than that or you'lll puke. Be with friends and people you trust, stay inside or a safe field, don't hang out with older kids that will take advantage of you. Be safe. PS blah blah here's more. Tequila makes me pick fights, wine relaxes, beer= happy, rum= loopy. Be sure to eat some carbs, bread or pasta before your binge..

me and my lightweight girlfriends find wine has a different buzz to it (more foggy-headed and pronounced than what we feel after vodka-tonics) and we get drunk waaaaaaaaaaay faster ... if i (or the other three girls I am talking about) haven't had a substantial meal, I can feel it after the first glass ...

on a normal 4+hour party night, I can handle 4-6 vodka tonics (often more) and a couple shots of jager or lemon drops, etc. ... same kind of night out, i am waaaay done after 3 glasses of wine ... 4 or 5 and i will probably throw up (ya, not really probably - highly likely - found out the hard way) ...

not positive of the mechanisms, but metabolism and stuff is involved ... any time you change the way you deliver alcohol into your system - amounts of caffeine, sugar, water, etc. in the drink - you should always take it slow to see how your body reacts to it ...

hope this helps! have fun!

Yes. Wine is a different drunk. Coming from an alcoholic, I can tell you for some crazy unknown powers of the universe, wine vs all other spirits and beers is somewhat different. It makes the angry drunk not so angry.

The problem with the "drunk" varies. While alcohol (ethanol) is the same, some people have reactions to different adjuncts (various things added for clarity and flavor) there are also varying amounts of by-products that are present from the fermentation process.

For wine there tends to be a lot of adjuncts for fermentation (sulfas are one) and some people have allergic reactions to those.

Wine also tends to have a higher sugar content before and after fermentation (the yeast cannot convert it all because the alcohol content is too high for them to survive) these residual sugars tend to have an "After affect" on the causing "hangovers"

As for the drunk itself there are many factors that play into the feeling and depending on your tolerance level and reactions to the adjuncts and tannic acid in the beverage itself. Each person may have a different reaction.

After a night of drinking wine I don't feel "goofy" like I do when drinking beer or mized drinks. I don't like wine, but if that's what's at the party, then drink on. The drunk is different, buy not to the point that it's really noticible.

Source(s): Personal experience.