Would minimizing a computer game harm a computer?

Would minimizing a computer game harm a computer?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Lasting damage is unlikely. Worst case scenario would be along the lines of the game crashing during an auto-save, and corrupting that particular checkpoint. (Happened in Evil Genius once). Other than crashes leading to lost progress, I've also found that some games have great difficulty resuming when you go back to full screen mode. Most will load if you wait long enough (depends on your pc's specs), but there are a few that will remain minimized.

Your best bet is to save whatever game you're playing and give it a try. There are a few games that just don't like sharing the spotlight. Actual catastrophe however is a remote possibility, which of course depends on your definition of catastrophe. Replaying a section of a favorite game shouldn't be too painful though I hope... Good Luck.

• Mark G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The most it'll do will crash the game and this is fairly uncommon, unless you've messed with your computer memory settings, then it might crash the computer and this is very rare. All minimizing a computer game does is place it into the background process on your computer, and shouldn't take up more than a couple percent of the processing and memory total usage.

• 1 decade ago

No. It can cause problems in some games, but the worst that will happen is the game will crash. No permenant damage could occur to the computer

• 5 years ago

Nope

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yoi_55
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Do you mean just minimizing it to your taskbar? The answer is no...that will not harm the computer in any way. In fact, this is the whole purpose of Windows...to multitask.

• 1 decade ago

No. The worst thing that could happen is that the game crashes.

• 1 decade ago

DEfinetly not....go for it BRO my kids minamize games all the time and then forget about them untill i get online then i'll usealy close them :)

• 1 decade ago

No

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No why would it?

• shanla
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

NO

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.