Basic Instruction for Making Cake
1. Prepare Ingredients: The main ingredients for making a cake is flour, sugar, butter (油脂??..我猜是說奶油..), eggs, milk, and baking powder. Other ingredient is prepared based on the types and flavor of cake, such as strawberry, chocolate, honey, etc.
2. Mixture: Put all the ingredients in a bowl (i.e. egg mixture bowl), mix until all the ingredient is dissolved and the paste is smooth.
3. Baking Mold: Wash and Clean the mold, pour in the mixture, and flat the surface.
4. Baking: The most important procedure on making a cake, because the baking time and temperature is decided by the types of the cake and the weight of the pastes. Basic rule of thumb are the small cake is baked with higher temperature and shorter time, and big and thick cake is baked with lower temperature and longer time. If the temporature is too low, the top of the cake will be too flat and sticky, and too soft inside. If the temporature is too high, the top of the cake will pop up and break, and tight inside.
5. Finish: Take the cake out of oven. To test if the cake is well baked, gently touch the top of the cake with finger. If the cake comes back the sharp after touch right away, the cake is well baked. Other way is to use a toothpick to stick in the center of the cake, the cake is good if there is nothing stick on the toothpick.
2008-01-15 09:26:04 補充：
6. Cool down and take out of mold: After taking the cake out of oven, let it cool down tens of minutes first. Then take it out of the mold and let it stand for one and two hours.
2008-01-15 09:26:21 補充：
7. Decoration: Wait until the cake is totally cool down then decorate it. To keep the cake fresh, store it at the temporature between 2 to 10 degree after decoration.
2008-01-15 09:26:36 補充：
Introduction of Cake Ingredients:
The main ingredients for cakes are flour, egg, sugar, butter, milk, and baking powder. It can be separated by its character as "dried ingredients" and "wet ingredients", or "sofe ingredients" and "tough ingredients".
2008-01-15 09:26:50 補充：
Type - Ingredients
Dried Ingredients: Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder
Wet Ingredients: Egg and Milk
Soft Ingredients: Egg Yolk, Sugar, Butter, and Baking Powder
Tough Ingredients: Flour, Egg White
2008-01-15 09:26:55 補充：
As long as these six ingredients are in the right amount, the cake will be in the right humidity and softness. In addition, adding salt, spicies, cocoa powder, honey, dried fruits can make better and variety of cakes.