Is there any negative conscious for a unlicensed person signing off on appraisals for a licensed appraiser?

I know someone who is not licensed and is doing appraisals. They use to work for a licensed appraiser, who retired last year. Since then the unlicensed person moved offices, is in business for themselves and is still doing appraisals, forging the old boss's name. The unlicensed person claims to have been doing... show more I know someone who is not licensed and is doing appraisals. They use to work for a licensed appraiser, who retired last year. Since then the unlicensed person moved offices, is in business for themselves and is still doing appraisals, forging the old boss's name. The unlicensed person claims to have been doing real estate appraisals and signing off using the old boss's signature ever since they have been in real estate (approx. 8 years). In the beginning I guess the boss agreed to let them do this. But know the old boss doesn't even live in the area anymore. Is this legal?