Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What do you think is the proportion of people in heaven versus people in hell?

I suppose this question is geared more towards Christians. Feel free to quote scripture as necessary, or just give your opinion. I'm just curious about what everyone thinks of this.

For all the atheists/agnostics who will feel inclined to answer and say that neither exist, I'm agnostic myself and am inclined to agree with you, but thanks anyway.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • BC
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on who's included in the count.

Excluding angels:

Heaven: 2, to hell: billions.

God and Jesus are the only non-angelic beings in heaven at this time. And, since 'hell' is the place where people are buried, or more generally where the dead are, all humanity that have died thus far are in hell. Hell is not a place of fire and torture, as is commonly supposed.

However, after the return of Jesus Christ, the ratio will be vastly changed. (For this I interpret your reference to 'heaven' as the Kingdom of God, since nowhere in the Bible does it say that people will go to heaven.) All those who have put God's Way of life first in their lives will be resurrected into the Kingdom of God. But, the ratio will still favor those who are dead and "in hell."

It won't be until after the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth that the vast majority of people will be resurrected to life and offered, for the first time, the opportunity to enter into the Kingdom of God.

At the end of that period of judgment, I believe that the ratio will finally turn around to favor, by a very wide margin, those who have changed their lives and been judged worthy to enter the Kingdom of God. The remaining few will not be sent back to their graves, but rather they will be completely and utterly destroyed in the Lake of Fire, never to live again (their spirits destroyed).

• 1 decade ago

At what point of time? There might be many in hell now, but hell cannot be an eternal condition. Sooner or later ALL souls get to heaven. Revelations says the number of the saved is 144,000. That is numerology code. 1+4+4 = 9, the number of mankind, meaning that all of mankind is ultimately destined for salvation. Some just take longer than others.

Basically only God is eternal. Evil and any Devils will terminate someday.

Source(s): Max Heindel, "The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception", 1909
  • 1 decade ago

The Bible says only 144,000 virgin men will enter heaven - so the rest of the Gazillion people who have died since Adam & Eve are in hell.

Rev. 14:[3] And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

[4] These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

• 1 decade ago

Well from a biblical standpoint..NARROW AND WINDING IS THE ROAD to salvation..BROAD AND STRAIGHT IS THE WAY unto destruction...

It seems more realistic more natural to believe that everything is bad or going bad..it seems more of a fight more difficult to believe in positive good or holy things happening...so it seems if everything in the universe has both positive and negitive energy..but on this planet it seems the negative is more powerful than the positive..which the bible says

that evil rules this world for a time..if heaven is existant..and hell is real then I would say 1 in maybe every 10000 make it to heaven..

But I think heaven and hell is created in your spirit..if you do good holy things..believe in good positive Holy energy..walk in faith..without fear or anger or hate..then you walk in heaven already..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

in accordance to maximum Christians exceedingly much every person who has ever lived or resides on the instant will finally end up in hell, approximately 2/3 of the international's inhabitants has never heard of Jesus so as that they might't be stored and hence will burn in hell for all eternity. it is not significant in the event that they have led good virtuous lives. it is unlucky, and additionally makes one ask your self why god creates persons which will finally end up in hell via no fault of there very own. that is totally strange provided that god is meant to love us all infinitely. i might think of a god like that would not actually have a hell, I mean why punish somebody infinitely for a finite volume of sin? It exceedingly much would not make experience, like in step with danger god is basically made up.

• 1 decade ago

hypothetically, if they existed, almost everyone would go to hell. heaven would be full of babies and children who died before they could sin. that's what i think. i don't think jesus was meant to be the free pass that some christians think he is. otherwise there'd be no point in even having a hell, would there? but what do i know, i'm an atheist.

• Jester
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

90% hell, 10% heaven

If going to either is based on the 10 commandments, I see very few people going to heaven.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Plenty of room in Heaven, Hell is getting more crowded every second.

• 1 decade ago

according to scripture no one is in either place right now.

We have to wait until the day of judgment then we can better answer your question.

• 1 decade ago

The church has such strict regulations, it is impossible to go to heaven now, if it existed. The proportion must be 1:1,000,000,000,000 or something like that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.