Hank Mulder asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Will dental insurance cover invisible braces?

I'm in really need for braces. My teeth aren't in really bad sharp. But it's not really that attractive.

I heard that sometimes they will decline you. Because it's more cosmetic. So you'll have pay up from you own pocket. But people with somewhat or bad shape teeth.

Will those people be covered?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I would contact the insurance office. They might cover you. Especially since having crooked teeth can lead to decay and consistent dental problems. My lower teeth were so close that i couldnt even fit floss between them and they were chipping. I wasnt covered but I never had dental insurance. Make a case for yourself that the placement of your teeth is impacting proper oral hygiene. I dont know how bad your teeth are but its worth a shot. Maybe they will pay a portion of it. Good luck and happy brushing!!

• Jazzy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Individual insurance plans vary so there is no one sure answer to whatever your insurance plan covers. However I can stay that generally insurance plans cover the basic braces, you would probably be required to pay an upgrade charge for invisible braces.

Jazzy

Source(s): Dental assistant
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If they don't cover regular braces, what makes you think they cover invisible braces? They are far more expensive. Braces are considered comsmetic, so unless its mandatory, like you've been in an accident and need them, they aren't going to pay for them.

• 1 decade ago

the best way to find out is to call that 800 number on the back of your card. there are way too many dental insurance companies and within those companies, different plans that cover different procedures. i would assume that if your dentist says you need them they will cover it, but he may have to have prior authorization from the insurance company.

Source(s): i call insurance companies to find out coverage and benefits for people all day long (usually about prescriptions)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your insurance wont cover it like you said because its cosmetic but if you were in some sort of pain from your teeth maybe your gums or mouth then you would be covered.

• 1 decade ago

I think your right I think clear braces would be more cosmetic than necessary.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i strongly doubt it.

my mom paid for my braces and they are alot better then the ones my step sister got for free with her insurance.

they literally only have like five minute appointments so there kinda cheap with the way they do things. so i doubt they would got that far.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope, braces are a whole different study, and need whole different professionals.

• 1 decade ago

No because invisalign counts as cosmetics.

• 1 decade ago

No ins will pick up adult braces, but if you have a supplemntal plan they might.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.