Where does Thomas Paine's "The world is my country, to do good is my religion" originate?

"The world is my country, to do good is my religion" I have found numerous variations on that which include "mankind is my brethren" but none of them give an exact source for it. I have seen it mentioned that it was his motto but other than that it seems to be something that no one can... show more "The world is my country, to do good is my religion"

I have found numerous variations on that which include "mankind is my brethren" but none of them give an exact source for it. I have seen it mentioned that it was his motto but other than that it seems to be something that no one can attribute to an exact source.

Thanks!
Update: I had done a search of "Rights of Man" before with no success..this time i searched it only for "Country" and this is what I found... In stating these matters, I speak an open and disinterested language, dictated by no passion but that of humanity. To me, who have not only refused offers,... show more I had done a search of "Rights of Man" before with no success..this time i searched it only for "Country" and this is what I found...

In stating these matters, I speak an open and disinterested language, dictated by no passion but that of humanity. To me, who have not only refused offers, because I thought them improper, but have declined rewards I might with reputation have accepted, it is no wonder that meanness and imposition appear disgustful. Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.