Is it time for the studios to pull a Reagan on the Writers Guild?

in the early '80s the air traffic controller union went on strike, so Reagan fired them all.

Should all the striking writers simply be fired and replaced?

Best Answer

At this point I'm sick of both the guild and their corporate masters, so sure, why not. I just want my two shows back. It makes no difference to me which side wins their cut of tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars more.

The two are hardly comparable. Air traffic controllers are necessary or the world shuts down. TV is a luxury that we can live without, even if only for a short time. Also, firing the writers wouldn't help because anyone the studios hired to continue the shows wouldn't know the characters as well as the original writers and any writer worth their salt is a WGA member anyways so firing them all would eliminate their workforce and not solve their problem.

Hell no. The studios have the money. The executives should be willing to sacrifice that second yaught so that a writer or two can pay for his/her kids' college education.

• diva

hahaha, that would be funny.. I know plenty of writers in NYC and LA who would LOVE to make the money and get the recognition that the strikers are making... anyway, I love reality tv, so I could care less about scripted shows

In a simple form, Yes.

I miss my Office.

It makes no difference to me; I don't watch Pop TV.