M. Diego asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Will Adam Vinatieri beat the Chargers with his leg this time?

He almost became the hero the last time despite Manning 6 INTs.

He also beat the Ravens 15-6 with 5 Field Goals in the Divisional last season.

Favorite Answer

IF the Colts win this game it will likely be on the leg of Adam Vinatieri, keep in mind that the Chargers have had the Colts number in the past three years, the Chargers have beaten the Colts every time they have played including when the Colts had there undefeated run going in 2005 and the Chargers came in and housed them.

I'll say it right now, if San Diego plays the entire game like they did in the 2nd half of the Titans game last week, they will beat the Colts. I don't know why but for some reason, the Chargers are not afraid of the Colts and they always get up to play them.

The odds line is 8 points, place your bets because this is the best bet that odds makers have given us this year. With Marvin Harrison having been out for so long, don't expect him to be a key factor in this game even if he plays, the Chargers can control the line of scrimage with thier front 7 and put pressure on Manning WITHOUT commiting a safety in the box.

Also, factor in that San Diego leads the league in take aways and interceptions, has Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips to rush Manning, a healthy Jamal Williams to stop the run and Antonio Cromartie that just loves to catch passes from Manning, three in the last meeting.

Not to mention LT has not had a break out game in a while, has been saving it for Indy?

I think San Diego will shock some people this weekend, get out your popcorn, it's gonna be fun.

Yes, but not because of field goals.

He does a better job of kicking touchbacks at the RCA dome and since the Colt kick coverage is poor this is a very important contribution. Don;t forget that when the Chargers won earlier this season it was due to 2 returns for touchdowns.

The Chargers will win it by more than a field goal so he ownt be able o save his team this time

GO BOLTS!!

Adam has lost his luster. This year he had terrible moments. Don't bet the farm on him having any kind of a good game.

I don't think he'll need to. Although I like the Chargers I don't think they'll be able to stop Manning. I hope they do though.

• Brian

I don't think it will come down to that...the Colts will have a better game.

• bosh50

yea i think he'll pull through this time

OF COURSE!! he's my fave in all of football!