Are you brainwashed? Are you in a cult?

Have you ever been told you were in a cult or that you were brainwashed? Have you ever wondered if they were right or wrong? Have you ever heard another religion was a cult and wondered if they were right? Check out the link below to see the signs of being in a cult and being brainwashed. What do you think? All opinions are welcome!

http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html#c...

Favorite Answer

I am neither for i have my own mind and know how to use it. I don't let others dictate to me how i should or shouldn't believe. Religion is a cult whether others want to see it or not. my motto is Religion out Spirituality in. Just love each other and respect each other. forgive others for you would like to be forgiven for your mistakes to. no judgment for that is all God wanted. And if there isn't a God it is still good to live by.

Source(s): a spiritual person.

I sense that you're angry. I feel sorry for what ever it is that you are going through but you must realize that homeschooling alone is not a "brainwashing cult". It is used as a replacement of public/private schools for many different reasons. We that homeschool did not all get our morals and values from the same place. If your cousin is small minded and lacks the social behaviors that you think he should have then I think you should look at his "teacher", not homeschooling in general. There are all different types of people in this world. And that includes persons who homeschool there children. I have 3 daughters that attend public school and are doing GREAT. I however have a 13 year old nephew that the public system has failed and I homeschool him now. Your definition of homeschooling does not fit his or our lifestyle. Again, I sense you are angry about something more on a personal level and I'm sorry for that. Just please try not to be so judgemental and prejudice of others in the future. You're smarter than that. Have a pleasant day and God bless!

Some would believe I am, I believe In Christ as savior> I believe that cult is outside of the teachings of Christ,I believe because of evidence,personal witness and the change of my character after I invited him into my life! I check out all cults my interest s include apologetics so I keep informed about new beliefs(cults) I try to be understanding and fair,but the word as it is written and applied to my life,is not brainwashing,its spirit cleansing!

Well, going by this site, I'm not brainwashed or in a cult. Yea for me!!

No, I'm not brainwashed, nor have I ever been.

No, I'm not in a cult, nor have I ever been.

Thanks for the link.

Interesting reading. I have been told that I am in a cult, because I do not believe in the trinity, but my church does note meet any of the criteria mentioned in the article.

Source(s): sa

I am not now nor have I ever been "brainwashed" or controlled by any person or being other then myself.

This is the programmed response my masters have given me, thank you and have a nice day!

Tell me if I'm wrong, the #1 leader to mislead followers and fall under "false prophet" is Benny Hinn.

Oh course everyone is brainwashed all of us listen to society and its rules though some more than others, but we all do.

"Everyone is indeed crazy, but the craziest are the one's who don't know they're crazy; they just keep repeating what others tell them to do."

-Paulo Coelho

If you belong to any religious group most, if not all the items on the linked site apply.