Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Did you think Pilgrim’s Pride Corp should face charges , fines or shut down for having illegals working there

A Tyler federal grand jury returned 24 indictments this week against illegal immigrants working at East Texas plants owned by the Pilgrim’s Pride Corp.For years, federal agents had received tips alleging undocumented immigrants were working at the plants owned by the nation’s largest chicken producer. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents in Dallas acted on leads concerning two of the company’s seven East Texas plants. Undercover agents posing as illegal immigrants infiltrated an alleged network of job-seekers who paid hundreds of dollars for fraudulent identification while those responsible for hiring them looked the other way, the Associated Press reported.By the time the investigation concluded in December, agents had arrested 24 people, including: a Pilgrim’s Pride employee accused of dealing identification documents; a human resources employee at the Mount Pleasant facility; two other men agents say were part of the scheme to get identity documents for illegal immigrants; and 20 other workers at Pilgrim’s Pride plants in Mt. Pleasant and Pittsburg who are accused of using social security numbers not issued to them. An affidavit by ICE Special Agent George Ramirez revealed the agency has received more than 75 calls since 2005 about illegal immigrant workers at the plants. A review found 14 of the human resources employees were suspected of knowingly hiring undocumented immigrants, Ramirez stated.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080110/NEWS01/...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that they should be fined $10,000 per ILELGAL INVADER that they had working for them. And then the government should require the to freexe their price for chicken so they can't pass on the fines to the US CITIZENS who buy the chicken.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Selling us out by importing cheap day labor IS a crime against the Citizens of this Nation. These Traitors need to be brought before Justice and promptly punished for their injuries to the Public at Large.

Therefore I motion that:

ALL businesses that use illegal aliens as a source of cheap labor to the detriment of the Citizens of this Nation should have ALL properties owned by the company, confiscated to absolve them of treason, AND ALL of the Principle Officers thereof should have to serve a minimum of ten(10) years at hard labor.

Do I have a Second?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The "chicken plant" in SE Oklahoma washiring for amonth straight after we Okie's passed our immigration bill. Now some of the welfare to work clients in McAlester, Hartshorne, & Wilburton are off the Gov. tit and working for a living.

US corporations who knowingly violate federal law should face HUGE fines and people in charge of hiring may face charges in some blatant instances.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They shouldn't just face charges and fines; they should absolutely, positively get them. I don't think the company should be shut down, but the corporate heads responsible for employment should lose their jobs.

Also, very important--write letters and send emails to the company. Let them know that if you hear any more news about them hiring illegals, you will not buy their products and you will also tell all you know to join you in boycotting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I ask why haven't they.This seems to of been an ongoing problem there not just an isolated incident

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.