Would an African Union similar to the EU be good for Africa?

The African Union (AU) is a supranational union consisting of fifty-three African states. Established in 2001, the AU was formed as a successor to the amalgamated African Economic Community (AEC) and the Organization of African Unity (OAU). Eventually, the AU aims to have a single currency (the Afro) and a single integrated defense force, as well as other institutions of state, including a cabinet for the AU Head of State. The purpose of the union is to help secure Africa's democracy, human rights, and a sustainable economy, especially by bringing an end to intra-African conflict and creating an effective common market.

http://www.africa-union.org/

Oh, I don't think that it is possible now either. I just posed the query.

Favorite Answer

They cant agree with each other within nations and you think they can pull something like this off without constant war??? A change of culture is required before anything else

I simply don't think their society and governments are developed and stable enough for that yet. Maybe in 100 years...