Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Dallas Baptist University Reputation?

I am relocating to the Dallas area in a few months and was interested in a gradute degree from Dallas Baptist University. Does anyone know if DBU is respected by employers in the area? I know it's not exactly top tier, but I actually want the degree more for myself than anything else.

I'm happy and successful in my career, so I dont need a tier 1 degree to help me land a dream job. I just want a respectable degree. At the same time, I don't want to attend a school that I will be embarrassed about when speaking with folks in the business community. I looked into UNT, UT-Dallas and a couple of other places, but I like the curriculum at DBU better (Masters in Management with Business Communications focus). I am much more interested in this degree plan than a straight MBA. I could care less about accounting and finance.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best Answer

I think that a degree from a nationally accredited university and not a religous university would be better looked at.