What happened with JJ Redick?

what happened to my guy JJ Redick, AP offensive player of the year at Duke and most 3's ever is Duke history and hes getting like 5 minutes a game in Orlando, does anyone know what they should do with him?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he's a great shooter thats for sure. But some great shooters can be a liability on the floor because of inability to do other things. He can't play defense and he's not a great passer. He isn't the best athlete. He can shoot, and maybe someday a team who really needs a shooter and can deal with the other stuff, will take him and let him play. But orlando uses R.Lewis and H.Turkoglu on the wings, J. Nelson to penetrate, and D.howard to post. They are pretty covered and need the guard spot to be well defended, or have a good passer to get the ball to those guys.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judith
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

JJ Redick plays for the Orlando Magic and Adam Morrison plays for the Charlotte Bobcats.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's way too big of a liability on the defensive end to get major minutes for Orlando

Yea he is a good shooter, but that was primarily a product of being the focal point of a complex offense dedicated for him by Coach K....in Orlando he's not the focal point.

He's nothing more than a scrub who can shoot, thats all

He's not athletic, hence lanky swing players who are quick will keep up with him and he won't be able to get open...they'll play physical with him and tire him out and they'll make him work on the defensive end

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He just hasnt found his niche yet. JJ has crazy natural ball skills. It was almost funny just watching the lil white guy his days at Duke. No matter where he pulled up it was goin in, I dont think he's lost his skill i just think he got off on the wrong foot with the magic when he got that DUI and just hasnt found his spot in the rotation just yet.. Maybe he wont, but I know one thing if he is available my team the Cavs better be tryin to sign him and get rid of some of the bums they got on their bench.

Source(s): bball fan!!!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Some talent just doesn't translate to the NBA. He's a pure shooter;he's got no ball handling skills,can't play defense and can't lead a team. He's gonna end up like a Steve Kerr or Dennis Scott... a 3 point threat and nothing else.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A guy with no arms can play better defense than him. The only success he could possibly have in the NBA is winning the 3pt competition. But he probably won't even make it there because he doesn't get enough playing time to hit any 3pters..lol Poor guy.

Send him overseas.

• 1 decade ago

the 3 point line is moved back from the college 3 point and that just messed up his perfect form. In a year he will have developed more strength and be able to shoot again.

• 1 decade ago

duke players tend to stink in the NBA

• 1 decade ago

he averages 3.1 points a game and doesn't play but for a couple of minutes at a time. they should keep him because he could help them

• 1 decade ago

I really don't get why they don't play him. He's an amazing shooter, one of the best in the league and they're just wasting him. Please, just trade him to another team that actually realizes how good he is!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.