Has a family member ever affected you emotionally even from afar?

Has a family members actions affected you personally? If so, how did you overcome it? Do their actions still affect you indirectly even though they're no where near you? How is it that even though you can be out of State away from your family members, their actions can still affect you emotionally? Is it... show more Has a family members actions affected you personally? If so, how did you overcome it? Do their actions still affect you indirectly even though they're no where near you?

How is it that even though you can be out of State away from your family members, their actions can still affect you emotionally? Is it mind over matter?
My father is out of State and his actions, or non actions can still affect me emotionally. Most days are fine, but sometimes I get to thinking about what he has done to me, and is still doing to me, and I break down. Like this morning....I was weak and I broke down crying because of the way he is treating me. Then I got to thinking about my two sisters and the way they have scorned me and it still hurts. Is there a trick in not letting your emotions resurface like that? Have you delt with something like this? Have you been able to control your emotions, and have you gotten stronger in that sense?