Work Computer?

Hiya

My work computer has not got any sound, iv checked the sound pannel thing on the comp and every thing is turned up and on, has any one got any clues what i could do to get it working xxx thanks everyboady xxx

Favorite Answer

I have the exact same prob lol

Check with your IT Dept.(if you have one) .. Some firms cut costs when ordering Computers for work use..

If they (the bosses) do not feel their employees need sound cards on their machines .... they will reduce costs by minimising the specs for their machines...such as no sound card etc...

Though it might not seem a lot more expence to have one ..

A big organisation doing a a small thing like this can save thousands of pounds , Government departments can save millions in this way...

Jack

Most work computers don’t have sound, because they don’t want you to have any fun at work. First, I would make sure the sound hasn’t been muted (check your Sound and Audio Devices Properties in your Control Panel. Second, I would check my sound by bringing earphones or speakers in and plugging it into the sound port (It looks just like microphones). If there is not sound port, then you probably don’t have a sound card, it won’t have sound until you install one. It worked for my work computer. I love to listen to music when I work. Good Luck

Check "Mute" is not on. Check speakers/headphones are plugged into the right hole (normally the green one). Check in control panel to make sure there are sound drivers installed.

Not much more I can suggest without seeing the computer. Best of luck.

On a Mac, shift/control/3 takes a picture of the screen. If you press shift/control/4, you can click and drag over the area you want; the picture is taken when you release the mouse button.

Is sound muted in system tray icon?

Does your sound card have extra jacks for rear, front, middle speakers, etc and you connected your speaker/ headset incorrectly to one which does not have output according to current setting?

you might not have the drivers installed correctly has the sound ever worked?

email me or im me if ya need

maybe worng wire. try switch the right to left. the sound might work.

i had that problem but the lead was in the wrong port on the pc -

pc speaker is not connected to motherboard.