Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What the W.O.M.B.A.T. feature in J K Rowling's official all about? How does one gets the student id code?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The WOMBAT tests on J.K. Rowling's official website were a series of three tests that Muggles could take in order to see how well they would do if they visited the wizarding world. Tests ranged from knowledge of Magical History to Defense Against the Dark Arts to Ministers for Magic.

Sadly, in a recent interview with Melissa, webmaster of The Leaky Cauldron, J.K. Rowling revealed that nothing more was going to come of the WOMBATS. She said that they were through coming out with more tests and that there would not be any prize for "students" who did exceptionally well on the test.

I also wanted to make it clear that the grading scale for the WOMBATs were built on the same grading scale as the OWLs in the Harry Potter books.

I think it looks something like this:

Troll, Dreadful, Poor, Acceptable, Exceeds Expectations, and Outstanding.

Just an interesting fact, I am in a British culture class right now. The British national exam known as the A-Levels operates on a standard of grading similar to the OWLs. Kind of interesting to see how Rowling has adapted that for her books and how we, as Americans, don't quite understand it or don't think much of it.

About the student code: You could have applied for one on the website while the WOMBATs were being released. After you took the test, a clock would appear on your own special page on her website. This clock would let you know the status of your test, e.g. "In the post," or "Exam graded." Eventually, this page would have a parcel sitting on a stand for you. Clicking it would reveal your score.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): I received the following grades, in the following order: Acceptable, Exceeds Expectations, and Acceptable
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you cant right now, it was a test from ages ago you havta wait and see if she releases a new 1

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.