Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Have you noticed the difference between Jewish Israeli protests and Muslim Palestinian protests?

“More than 2,000 people braved intermittent showers and cool temperatures Tuesday to form a human chain along the walls of Jerusalem's Old City. The unique protest was meant to send a clear, loud message to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and US President George W. Bush ahead of the latter's visit to Israel: Jerusalem is the eternal capital of Israel and the Jewish People, and must not be divided.”

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/1...

“…thousands of Hamas supporters chanted "Death to America!" and watched an effigy of Bush go up in flames. Posters portrayed Bush with fangs, or sipping from a cup labeled "Muslim blood."“

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080109/ap_on_re_mi_ea...

What do you think is the cause for such a stark difference in behavior?

Update:

Mark S, definately agree that minorities shouldn't tarnish the reputation of majorities...but the politics and terrorism there seems to suggest that these people are not the minority.

And as for samina, well, let's HOPE that SHE is not representative of her faith. She seems like a very bitter, hateful person, whose only tactic is to resort to blatant falsehoods in order to support her racist ideology.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • maroc
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

israelis get billions of dollars from the us. no wonder they dont chant "death to america" or represent bush with fangs.

• 4 years ago

Israel has been getting away with murder for years- the reason we have so much trouble in the region. Because of 9-11 however this position has become almost indefensible. The likelihood of this situation being righted is as great as terrorism stopping entirely tomorrow. Without this there will simply never be an answer to the problems. Although boycotting Israel at times would certainly help in modifying their behavior such that terrorism against the US might be mitigated.

• 1 decade ago

I notice that the now notorious rabid bigot samina is back spreading falsehoods in order to demonize Jews and Israel.

She appears obsessed.

It didn't take long to recognize many of these quotes as some that I've recently seen commonly either taken completely out of context, fabricated or as in the case of only one I'll mention..ALTERED to make it appear to mean something it did not mean at all.

The "Moshe Dayan" ...ahemm.." quote" for instance..she very cleverly removes the sentence preceeding it and OMITS a part of the middle of one sentence she posts. The REAL quote reads :

"We came to this country which was already populated by Arabs and we are establishing a Hebrew, that is a Jewish state there. In considerable areas of the country WE BOUGHT THE LANDS FROM THE ARABS,( I have EMPHASIZED a key portion she altered by OMISSION) Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not know even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you, because these geography books no longer exist; not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahalal arose in the place of Mahalul, Gevat -- in the place of Jibra, Sarid -- in the place of Haneifs and Kefar Yehoshua -- in the place of Tell Shaman. There is not one place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population.

Moshe Dayan

The "Zionist quote" is from an address at the Technion in April of 1969 See http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7&x_issu... Moshe Dayan Quote Hoax Exposed for an independent discussion of the same hoax and more information about the context.

This was the "great crime" of the Zionist movement 'exposed' by Dayan: "we bought the lands from the Arabs." Certainly it is a major war crime to buy land and only colonialist racists buy land. Isn't that true? There is not one place built in Israel that did not have a former Arab population - some time in history. And there is not one place that did not have a former Jewish population either!

• 1 decade ago

Hi Rachel--well, I would be lying if I didn't say that I have made this observation also. I hate saying it because I don't really know what fraction of the population these idiots represent.

Having said that--I don't know what motivates these individuals to behave thus. But to be fair, I don't know if I would categorize the Ku Klux Klan's cross-burnings on the front lawns of innocent people as any different...

<big sigh>. As the Wicked Witch of the West said, "Oh what a world, what a world!"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You know my feelings on this. One group follows God and the other...well, they follow allah. This is what really bothers me though. The Israelis know that if they step one foot out of line (or protect themselves in self defense) that the world will jump all over them and say they are terrorists. The Hamas terrorists can do whatever they want and the world says that islam is peaceful. Things are really messed up.

God Bless.

• 1 decade ago

The difference between a civilized society and a violent barbarian backwards one. One group was raised with a set of moral standards that makes them a member of the human race, another group was weaned on anger and hatred that sets them apart from their fellow man.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rachel, I can see that you feel towards this issue the way I do towards so-called 'messianic jews' who are Christians that misrepresent Judaism.

Keep going, your posts are great and thought provoking :)

STICKY FINGERS

- er, sorry but you are wrong. Most Israeli Jews are Jews born in Israel.

• 1 decade ago

Very good encapsulation of the difference between Jewish and Arab cultures.

• 1 decade ago

Culture.

Arab culture is less tolerant than Western Culture. Most Israeli Jews were not even born in Israel, they usually came from the US or from Europe, or if born in Israel, their parents or grandparents came from the West.

Edit: This is why I qualified my statement with: "or IF BORN IN ISRAEL, their parents.....". Israel is a very young nation and most Jews in Israel have direct ancestry from Europe or the US. Obviously Jews in Israel are affected by western culture and western tolerance.

• 1 decade ago

Because of their background and their upbringing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.