Does Trinity United Church of Christ allow whites to join?

Thats the church that Barack Obama is a member of..I heard you have to be black to join..don't know if true or not..not meaning to cause trouble, just curious...

I'm not putting down anyone's religion. I might not agree with it but I won't bother them about it..same as I would want to be treated about my religion. The question I asked though is, can whites join this church?

Favorite Answer

I don't know but here is a link about the church.

Www.tucc.org/about.htm

I find it disturbing that they believe this.

"A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA. "

Last time I checked this was America and I want a President who has a commitment to this country not some other country.

and this is disturbing. (http://www.tucc.org/mission.htm)

"The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution!"

When did God tell them he wasn't pleased with anything?

Rev. Wright is unquestionably racist. in case you do not realize that, then you definitely're in basic terms brainwashed. it is like me declaring that black human beings are not wanted interior the South and they ought to easily pass elsewhere, because that they're fully valueless and leech money out of the business gadget by technique of signing the welfare papers when they hit 18. yet for sure i'm no longer being racist. If I stood on a podium and shouted this "sermon" to the rooftops at the same time as thrashing backward and forward, i'm confident human beings will be entertained too, particularly interior the South. element is, Wright is a racist and that spiel up above changed into racist. No way of having round that.

See this link:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/church.asp

Obama is really a member of the "UNITED" church of Christ, not the church of Christ.

There is a vast difference between the two.

It's amazing the difference one word can make.

The United church of Christ should not be confused with the church of Christ we read about in the New Testament, which Jesus established and purchased with his blood, and over which he reigns as head (Mat. 16:18; Acts 20:28; Eph. 1:22f). The true church of Christ is not a denomination, nor is it composed of denominations. It did not begin in 1957, but in the first century, on the day of Pentecost following the resurrection of Christ (Acts 2). The New Testament church is composed of those who believe in Christ, repent of sin, are baptized (immersed in water) for the remission of sins and continue in the apostles’ doctrine (Acts 2:36-38, 42).

Unlike the United church of Christ and other denominations, the true “churches of Christ,” as they are referred to in Romans 16:16, have no synods, church councils or man-made creeds to guide them; they recognize the Bible as the only and all-sufficient, authoritative rule of faith and practice (2 Tim. 3:16-17). That is why we in the churches of Christ do not have councils to set church policy or vote on what we should adopt as the tenets of our faith. That is why we do not endorse homosexuality. God loves all, and Jesus invites all to come to him—including homosexuals—but he calls upon us to repent of our sins or perish (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38). We should have compassion on those struggling with the burden of sin and guilt, but if we would be true to Jesus Christ as his church, then we cannot approve of what our Lord condemns.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

The United Church of Christ is not the same denomination as the Church of Christ, King James. It may not please you any more, but they are very different.

I love when one "christian" decides to cast another "christian" to hell for eternity because they don't read the mythology book the same.

Good stuff.

uh o you mentioned church of christ be prepared to be doomed to hell by chris

Source(s): i told you so your not on the approved list i wonder who is