What was your worse concert experience?

For me, it was Guns N' Roses at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena a year or so ago.

The band was an hour and a half late on stage, which is normal for Guns N' Roses, but it was a very hot summer night and the arena was sold out. You can imagine how hot it was!

The music was great, very much a greatest hits show. However, somebody threw something onto the stage and Axel stormed off in a huff. He came back on to admonish the crowd and finish the song, before saying "Show's over. Goodnight" and storming back off. The show was cut short and there was no encore.

I felt a bit cheated out of the money that I had paid to see the band play 3/4 of their set and Axel throwing a tantrum.

What was your worst concert experience? Why?

Favorite Answer

I posted a similar question not too long ago. Here is my worst experience:

For me, it happened at a Slayer show in Jan. 1995 at the Shrine Auditorium in LA. I noticed a group of Suicidals (hispanic street gang) lining up outside the pit. Even though I wanted to slam so bad, my street sense told me to sit it out. Low and behold, one guy (probably a teenager) was doing his thing in the pit and inadverently elbowed one of the Suicidals. All of a sudden I see about ten gang members jumping him. But it gets worse; one of the gang pulls out a knife and starts stabbing the $hit out of this poor guy. Eventually security got a handle of the situation and the show kept going, but the festive mood got f**ked up.

I guess it would have to be the infamous Rolling Stones concert at Altamont. Although the music was great all day, as it got dark the mood went south- the Hells Angels (concert security) clashed repeatedly with the crowd at the front of the stage, causing repeated interruptions in the performances. By the time the Stones came on the situation was pretty frenzied; every few minutes we had to back up several feet as the Angels waded into the crowd swinging pool cues, then we'd all move back up until the next incident. We found out the next day that a kid (17 yrs old) from my high school had been killed. From a musical standpoint, it was excellent, but as an experience it was very unpleasant.

King's X back in 1997 or '98. They refused to play any of their more popular stuff from the first two albums (which are brilliant). They would tease the audience by doing intros for some of the songs and then stop and Doug Pinnick would say "no, we're not playing that tonight." After he did that, half the crowd filed out of the club. They ended the song with a freakin' cover song which, to this day, I absolutely deplore. The whole experience made me never want to see them live again.

• This wasn't a bad concert let me just say...

I went to go see Good Charlotte in May of last year in Newcastle (GC are my fave band)

It was my very first concert and I had managed to get pretty much right at the front. However, I wasn't really experienced with the whole concert thing and didn't realize how hot it was going to be...I ended up throwing up and loosing my place at the front =[

Apart from that the gig was amazing though lol

xx

Axle has proven time and time again that he is an asshole. Just look at his new plastic surgery clad face. Ego from hell. GnR is actually the worst experience that I have ever had with a show as well. But for me it was because the band was drunk and sloppy and Axle sounded like a cat in heat. But the show was not a total bust for me. Metallica played as well and put on a great show. Faith no more was also on the bill and was awsome.

Happy Mondays somwhere in Manchester early nineties, the only consolation was we where more battered than they were so at the time it did't really matter that they sounded crap and Shaun Ryder only played for 10 mins. Another time I went to see Sigue Sigue Sputnick at Limelight. They never turned up so we ended up doing a gig off the cuff for free apart from all the beer we could drink.

• JanJan

many years ago I saw Genesis at the NEC in Birmingham. Well, I should say I went to see them, but never actually saw them on stage. As soon as the group appeared on stage everyone stood up. I'm only short so stood on my seat to get a good view. The bouncers told me to get off the seat. I saw the light show and heard the songs, but saw very little. Very disappointing. After that I always made sure I had a tickets for the seats on the side terraces to make sure I had a good view

I have to say every concert/show I have ever been to

but not because they were all bad, just because none were bad, however, I am really short/small so if I dont wiggle my way upi to the front, I can't see anything and I have never left a show without a bruise somewhere

Marillion in the 90's, they were awful...Fish was not in the band then some bloke called Steve Hogarth was the lead singer, he sounded like a mouse on helium...although he did pass me a rose from the stage...so that weren't too bad...all in all they were awful...

I walked out of a Kenny Rogers concert in the late 70's. He wasn't singing, he was screeching. And he announced that he wasn't going to sing any of his hits because people usually left after he did. He got booed off the stage. I left.