Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

what are some famous landmarks?

i am doing my art final piece, and i wanted to put some famous buildings or landmarks along the centre of it. i was thinking like big ben, the taj mahal....etc. mostly buildings. does anyone know of some good ones?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You've already mentioned two of the best. How about the White House, The Washington Monument. Aslo the last suriving of the Seven Wonders of the Worl, the Pyramids at Giza or the Temple at Karnac. How about the Sydney Harbour Bridge or the Golden Gate Bridge. Not forgetting that art-deco wonder the Empire State Building, the Satue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower in Pareeeee. AND not forgetting the Sphynx.

Why not give this site a try : -

World Landmarks & Historic Landmarks - Your Portal to Virtual Tours Around the World

World Landmarks virtual tours of museums, architectural landmarks, natural ... Looking for a specific landmark? More search options ...

http://www.worldlandmarks.net

Source(s): GREENWICH 090108.1419GMT
  • 4 years ago

Many famous Landmarks in India it's are following Qutab Minar Jama Masjid Rashtrapati Bhawan India Gate Lotus Temple Red Fort all these Landmarks placed in Delhi Lingaraja Temple City- Bhubaneswar State- Orissa Sun Temple City-Konark State- Orissa Hawa Mahal City- Jaipur State-Rajesthan Ajanta, Maharashtra Ellora, Maharashtra Mumbai (Bombay) and Gateway of India Khajuraho Victoria Memorial, Calcutta Charminar, Hyderabad Somnath Temple, Gujarat Meenakshi Temple, Madurai Ranakpur Jain Temple, Rajasthan Chennai (Madras)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Taj Mahal

Eiffel Tower

Tower of London

London Eye

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like the Pyramids, the Parthenon, the Kremlin, the US Capitol, St. Peter's Basilica, the Great Wall, Sydney Opera House, Wrigley Field, Eiffel Tower, and the Statue of Liberty, or even the World Trade Center. For nearly 30 years it was THE icon of NYC.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Forth Railway Bridge, The Tower of London, The Clifton Suspension Bridge.

• 1 decade ago

Taj Mahal

Hanging gardens of Babylon

Spinx

Stonehedge

Niagra falls

Leaning tower of Pisa

Cistine Chapel

The Cheers Bar

Field of Dreams ballfield in Iowa!!

• 1 decade ago

How about the Wallace monument in Stirling Scotland.

220 feet high has 250 steps to the top70feet below the top of the crown. one of three three rooms holds the actual sword of William Wallace the room is about 24feet square and 30 feet high.

A stunning few of Stirling and the carse can be seen from the top. Worth a visit.

• 1 decade ago

Big Ben is actually the Bell that is housed within the Tower of Westminster

• 1 decade ago

Kutubminar

• 1 decade ago

Blackpool Tower, of course!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.