Problem with Windows Vista Home Premium/Road Runner?

I've had my new computer for just over a year now. For the time, it was equipped with top-notch EVERYTHING (2 Gigs Ram, dual-core processors..the whole shebang). I decided to kick dialup to the curb and get Road Runner instead (new "screaming fast computer"..why not, right??) Everything worked out... show more I've had my new computer for just over a year now. For the time, it was equipped with top-notch EVERYTHING (2 Gigs Ram, dual-core processors..the whole shebang). I decided to kick dialup to the curb and get Road Runner instead (new "screaming fast computer"..why not, right??) Everything worked out extremely well...that is, until late last week. I've noticed that websites take FOREVER to load (often at speeds much slower than 56k dialup) and its driving me insane. I've contacted RR and they've told me that it isn't a problem at their end, but rather MINE (my computer.) I check the internet connection, and it still tells me I'm getting speeds of 100MB/sec. I've done every "cleanup"/defrag/updated..everything possible on my computer..and still nothing is improving. I know that Vista still has a lot of bugs to be worked out, but this is crazy. Any insight/tips?
2 answers 2