50題選擇要有答案喔!!!

Update:

這也太難了吧!!!!!!!!

1 Answer

Rating
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

( A) 18. , I would have been more successful in my search for the lost watch.

A had the room been brighter B should the room be brighter

C If the room was brighter D were the room brighter

( A ) 19. The stock market collapse, therefore, had been merely the first of weveral detonations in which a flimsy structure of speculation had been .

A leveled to the ground B level to the ground

C leveling on the ground D leveling to the ground

( D ) 20. Delegates to the political convention found a candidate from among the few nominated.

A difficulty to choose B it difficult in making the choice

C choosing difficult when selecting D it difficult to choose

For questions 21-25, choose the answer that best matches the meaning of the underlined word or phrase as it is used in the sentence.

( A ) 21. Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway and Virginia Woolf are prolific writers.

A productive B famous C esteemed D respected

( A ) 22. The Kennedy Administration further advanced racial equality by appointing many eminent blacks to high government posts.

A distinguished B wealthy C intelligent D educated

( B ) 23. In the 1900s, most thoughtful Americans were not complacent about their social, Economic, and political situation.

A moderate in B satisfied with C clear about D worried about

( B ) 24. The remoteness afforded by a vast ocean allayed fears of reprisal the colonies might otherwise have had.

A dereated B assuaged C caused D brought

( C ) 25. The American people, disillusioned by the failure of the crusade for democracy in World War I, announced that in no circumstances could any belligerent countries look to them for aid.

A neighbourly B friendly C warring D surrounding

2008-01-09 17:40:53 補充:

http://www.cycu.edu.tw/~army/test/90/English.htm%E...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.