Generally both the operating systems are good in their respect, You need to choose according to your work/need. Let me tell you both Windows and linux's features.
1. It is very friendly and easy to use for a beginner.
2. It needs cost for licensing.
3. It has a chance of virus affection as it has less security.
4. Lot of softwares available for it for different purposes.
5. some programming related things are there which only runs on windows like (.Net and MS Sql server, both are products of Microsoft)
6. a normal user without through knowledge of computer can install new softwares and can manage different manipulations.
1, You need some knowledge of computer before going to Linux. But these days some easy versions are coming as debian linux.
2. It is totally free and all softwares for it are also free.
3. It has a higer security and firewall, so less chance of virus.
4. For it also lot of softwares available but in package format.
5. .Net can't run on it. Some others are there which are coming in EXE file format can't run in it.
6. A normal user must know the commands to install and manipulate softwares. But now a days linux is also providing GUI for it.
Review the above points and basing on your need and use choose the operating system.
If you are a beginner and just using it general pupose like (song, game, movies, some account work, and little bit study and programming) then go for Windows. If you want for critical work and more security required then go for Linux.
Hope the above will help you.
Thanks & Regards
Sakti Prasad Mishra