Is Buddhism a false religion?

Please note that I accept everyones right to practice their religion. The purpose of this question is for an essay I'm doing. Other issues involved in the question: 1) Siddhartha Gautama was born in 563B.C. If the religion he founded is true, why wasn’t it in existence from the foundation of the world? Why... show more Please note that I accept everyones right to practice their religion. The purpose of this question is for an essay I'm doing.
Other issues involved in the question:
1) Siddhartha Gautama was born in 563B.C. If the religion he founded is true, why wasn’t it in existence from the foundation of the world? Why hadn’t someone else discovered his declared truth?
2) During his late 20’s, Gautama, could no longer bear to live falsely and left his wife and child in order to seek the true nature of reality. Why would a good man leave his wife and child to seek the true nature of reality? Isn't that escaping reality?
3) If Buddha never claimed to be God, then why do people worship him as a god?
4) How does anyone know if Buddha achieved Nirvana?
I apologize in advance for any offense. This is for an essay.
20 answers