Dream that I'm driving a car with failing brakes.?

I've had this dream multiple times in the last month. I come close to hitting cars, and sometimes knick the car in front of me. What does this mean? Why am I having this dream all of the sudden?

Best Answer

There's something in your life that you can't stop on your own. Something in your life is out of your hands and it may be slightly affecting others in your life (they're the "cars").

Leedsuniteddan, Let's see what you've got........ I often dream about driving a car, near home, ((dream opens by commenting about you.... the car is you in motion.... dreams must show that we are going somewhere, how we are doing it........The dream is about you.....)) and not being able to stop it, ((Something you cannot control about yourself......the dream says.....)) never going fast, usually on a hill or slope, ((Not about being out of control, it is about where the "road" you are on....... the road is symbolic of how you are going about your life....... Dream says you are struggling.... not at the right angle for this to be acheived....... something difficult.... Problem is you cannot control it.....But... you certainly can change directions...... )) and it feels like driving on ice, though its never ice, ((Dream says that it feels as if you are slipping somewhere in life..........)) sometimes the person at the side of me stops the car, ((someone who is on your side (relationship??)... that helps to stop you from doing something.... dangerous?....)) no idea how (must be a dream thingy!) then I take over, ((But, when you get the opportunity to control the situation....)) and no matter how hard I put my foot on brake, or pull handbrake, it always goes into wall after wall, after wall, help me please !!! ((you still cannot keep yourself from hitting the symbolic "wall"..... and the wall, of course, is an ostacle... something in your way..... Whatever this symbolic 'wall', the dream says that you still manage to be stopped from going about your course in life........)) As they say: something always gets in the way....... Your sister, Ginger, ((dream interpreter for over 20 years))

To dream that you are applying your brakes, signifies that you should slow down in your business and/or personal affairs. You have been living on the fast lane and you need to take it easy.

To dream that your brakes failed, forewarns that you lack any sort of stability in your life. Your life is out of control. Any agreements that you entertain or engage yourself into will prove risky.

It could mean that you feel that your life is going fast and out of your control.

Dreams are extremely subjective to the dreamer.

Something in your life is out of control. Fix it!