Who is john proctor? Really who?

Who is john proctor? Really who?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

from the cruicble

• 1 decade ago

I think John Proctor is from the story about the Salem Witch Trials.

• 1 decade ago

We just learned about John Proctor in school!! During the salem witch trials, everyone believed that there was really witches in Salem. When in a trial (when the person gets sentenced to an execution), John Proctor stood up in the middle of it and yelled that that was noncense (which it was). He was a very smart man, and was married to Elizabeth Proctor. At the trial that he stood up at, he was accused of witchcraft, and later, executed. Although his wife Elizabeth was also accused of witchcraft, her sentence was dropped because she was pregnant. If you have any other questions about him, just contact me!! =]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

John proctor is the main character in the crucible he was the reason that gal (she was obsessed with him) did some witchy stuff and blamed it on others He died in the end tho he died bravely =)

Source(s): Read it last year Highschool
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

A reluctant hero. Can't think of anyone in particular that he would be similar to. Mid act two is when there is evidence of his reluctance to get involved with witch trials but by the end of this act he magically switches into hero mode once his wife is arrested.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A main character in "The Crucible"

• Juno.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

a cradle-robbing freak. i just had to read the crucible in English recently and i thought it was stupid as frick!!!

• 1 decade ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Proctor

Thats got lots of info on it :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.