I was convicted of abh 10 year agodo i stand a chance?

Best Answer

Sorry...a chance to do what ? I'm not sure what you are asking

• Robin

U do sure, everyone deserves a chance. It depends on what sentence u got as to whether u have to declare the conviction when applying for jobs; if it was 2.5 years or less then it may be spent, and as long as u have not been convicted of any other crimes after ur sentence was served, then it is likely under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 u do not have to declare it - although u need to look into this to find out what exactly the time period is for ur conviction. (The exception to this is certain jobs working with elderly and vulnerable adults and children, where they required a more detailed disclosure and want to know about all convictions, whether legally spent or not)

If u got sentenced to more than 2.5 years in prison then unfortunately it will never become spent and u will always have to declare it when asked. This type of conviction doesn't look good it's true, but hopefully a lot of employers will be willing to look past it. Otherwise just concentrate on jobs which don't need to know these kind of things.

The general rule in police admission (I assume that's what you're talking about), is that you shouldn't have a criminal record. This can be at the discretion of the recruiter depending on the nature of the crime and the specifics of each case.

Put simply however, its not going to look at all good.

• Ian UK

A chance to do what?

Your question appears incomplete

Source(s): UK Copper

A CRIMINAL RECORD DOES NOT NEED TO BE DECLARED OVER 7 YEARS, I FOUND THIS OUT WHEN I APPLIED FOR A LICENCE TO BECOME A PUBLICAN.

nope...try cab driving

What are you on about?

Of what?

Of what do you speak?