? asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

英文文章修改

Life-or-death situation

A hijack happened when a masked man waved a gun down the aisle, screaming at everyone to stay seated. The terrorists asked the pilot flied to another country otherwise they would kill innocent people. They had two demands; first, the government must free some prisoners. Second, they want another plane so they can fly to a secret location. But the government would not do that, they refused to talk to terrorists. The passenger’s lives were threatened. Ali didn’t know should she get out of this situation alive?

Some people think the government should talk to the terrorists. The passengers’ lines are the most important thing. Or the plane should be allowed to fly to some other country whose government will talk to the terrorists. Also maybe the United Nations should talk to them.

On the other hand, some people think the government should never given. If they give in to the terrorists, more hijackings will occur in the future. And the police or army should secretly attack the plane and kill terrorists.

If I were stay in this situation, I would just wait die. Because I think the government wouldn’t compromise to them. If the government compromise to them that would be make more hijackings occur. They only keep tough attitude against the terrorists until they were tired to holdout. I just can live.

If the government and terrorists could compromise to each other. For example, the plane fly to other country whose government would talk to the terrorists, or the terrorists could talk to the United Nations. That maybe is their balance point. The terrorists really were wrong, but the passengers’ lives were innocent.

Reference

Impact Issues

Richard R. Day Junko Yamanaka

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Life-or-death situation

A hijack was announced when a masked man waved his gun down the aisle, shouting at everyone to stay seated. The terrorists asked the pilot to fly to another country otherwise they would kill innocent people. They had two demands; first, the government must free some prisoners. Second, they requested another plane so they can fly to a secret location. The government would not do that and they refused to talk to the terrorists. The passenger’s lives were threatened. Ali didn’t know whether she would get out of this situation alive?

Some people think the government should talk to the terrorists. The passengers’ lives are the most important thing. Or the plane should be allowed to fly to some other country whose government will talk to the terrorists. Also maybe the United Nations should talk to them.

On the other hand, some people think the government should never give in. If they give in to the terrorists, more hijacks will occur in the future. They also think the police or army should secretly attack the plane and kill the terrorists.

If I was in that situation, I would just wait for my death because I think the government wouldn’t and shouldn’t compromise. This is because if the government compromised then hijackers would be encouraged. They can only maintain their tough attitude to the terrorists until the terrorists give up, then I will have a chance to live.

The government and the terrorists could also make another agreement so that both party are satisfied and lives of the passengers are saved. For example, flying the plane to another country whose government is willing to talk to the terrorists, or letting the terrorists talk to the United Nation. No matter what the results are, the actions the terrorists took were still wrong.

Source(s): 自己

五告雖

我以為你要的是翻譯。

我翻完了說,竟然是修正