IMPORTANT ps3 wont play games IMPORTANT?

i was playing my ps3 then i went to the bathroom. when i came back the game was froze. so i restarted the ps3.it booted normal. i thought everything was ok. but now it wont play games or blu ray movies. how can i fix this plaease help asap

5 Answers

Relevance
  • blank
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Check where you keep your PS3 while playing. Could it have overheated, if for example you keep it in a cupboard. If you think so, move it to a better place, then let it cool for a while. The PS3 has a great cooling system, it just ocassionly overheats in enclosed spaces.

This could only be a software fault in the PS3. Turn off the console completely, wait an hour or two and then try again. If it still doesn't work, try the following:

1. Don't open the console. If it only doesn't play Blu-ray discs (movies and games) then it might be the lens that reads blu-ray disce, which is a seperate lens from the CD or DVD reader. Call the Sony helpline (UK: 08705 99 88 77 national rate, as for US I am really not sure since I'm in the UK.) They will give you advice.

2. If you don't want to call Sony, most games' stores will find out what the problem is and fix it. Or, if you can, get the console replaced (though you will lose the data on your hard drive.)

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah this happed to me aswell its just the blu ray laser is faulty, just send it back to sony you should have it in about 10 days later. DO NOT open the ps3 to try and fix it you will void the warrenty

• 4 years ago

Sounds like it just needs a cleaning. buy a cleaning disc for the laser. and clean any dust from vents, etc. Overheating will kill the machine. If a cleaning disc doesn't make a difference then consider taking it to a repair shop.

• 1 decade ago

take it to your local gamestop and they will fix it, if they dont then just go to a gaming store, they will know what to do

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Call sony.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.