Could you tell me the name of this song?

Alright, I admit it, it sometimes drives me nuts when people write "What's the name of this song" and then follow it with "Lalala-la-lo-laa". But... I gotta do it. It's an older song, early to mid-80s, I'm guessing. I heard it years ago, really liked it, and haven't heard it... show more Alright, I admit it, it sometimes drives me nuts when people write "What's the name of this song" and then follow it with "Lalala-la-lo-laa". But... I gotta do it. It's an older song, early to mid-80s, I'm guessing. I heard it years ago, really liked it, and haven't heard it since. I tried to figure out words but the song was at it's end. This is all I have to go on:

"Hey, um-ma-ma-ma
hey um-ma-ma-ma
He-e-e-e-yyyy
Hey um-ma-ma-ma."

It's a driving chorus, mainly female voices, though I think the lead singer may be a man. Yup, that's it, and heck, do I want to figure it. Any help is way appreciated. Thanks!
Update: Ah! Thanks, y'all! It is Dream Academy, "Life In A Northern Town". *Bear hugs Maple Sugar*