Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

Could you tell me the name of this song?

Alright, I admit it, it sometimes drives me nuts when people write "What's the name of this song" and then follow it with "Lalala-la-lo-laa". But... I gotta do it. It's an older song, early to mid-80s, I'm guessing. I heard it years ago, really liked it, and haven't heard it since. I tried to figure out words but the song was at it's end. This is all I have to go on:

"Hey, um-ma-ma-ma

hey um-ma-ma-ma

He-e-e-e-yyyy

Hey um-ma-ma-ma."

It's a driving chorus, mainly female voices, though I think the lead singer may be a man. Yup, that's it, and heck, do I want to figure it. Any help is way appreciated. Thanks!

Ah! Thanks, y'all! It is Dream Academy, "Life In A Northern Town". *Bear hugs Maple Sugar*

Favorite Answer

is it that one that then goes "life in a modern town" or something like that?

Some songs are: "Peaceful Easy Feeling" - The Eagles "A Horse With No Name" - America "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" - Crosby, Stills, & Nash "I Go Crazy" - Paul Davis "How Much I Feel" - Ambrosia "Baby Come Back" - Player "You Are The Woman" - Firefall "Wildfire" - Michael Murphey "Reminiscing" - Little River Band "I Like Dreaming" - Kenny Nolan "My Eyes Adored You" - Frankie Valli "Muskrat Love" - The Captain & Tennille "Black Water" - The Doobie Brothers "I Just Wanna Stop" - Gino Vannelli "Baby, Don't Get Hooked On Me" - Mac Davis "Seasons In The Sun" - Terry Jacks "If You Could Read My Mind" - Gordon Lightfoot "You And Me And A Dog Named Boo" - Lobo

Dream Academy, Life in a northern town.

Hey there "Thrice - baked" !

See you figured it out, far-out!

Was gonna say if ya can't find out the original, lets MAKE one from the chorus for world harmony?

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony" [old Coke-Cola jingle]

Merry New Year!

~BLESSINGS~DIVINE LOVE~HEALING LIGHT TO ALL~

Source(s): Life.

LOL, I'm surprised people were able to figure out the song. I've heard it before and couldn't place it.

• Dude, I know the exact tune you're talkin bout, but I have no idea what the name of it is. And that's the only part of it that I remember, too. Ha!

.

No clue.

Source(s): {{{Thrice}}}

Heh-heh. I own it on vinyl...

oh thanks for getting that song stuck in my head.

pfft.

oh, since you've figured that out...

((((THRICE))))