Just what is it that gives murdering child molesters the right to die with dignity?

"You have the right to die with dignity," said Joshi, a political science and religion major at New Jersey's Rutgers University. Sperling, a psychology and religion major at New York University, said serving a life prison term is the appropriate alternative to the death penalty.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Mutt
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bleeding heart liberals. There is no such thing as "dying with dignity" after what they have done.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It's not in the Constitution, so from a legal standpoint I don't see where the basis is. Morally, that right flew out the window when they committed the crime that they did. They already get way more dignity than their victims did, and most of the population. You lay down, are sedated, and stop breathing. It's the most peaceful death you could ask for and way better than they deserve! I say hang one for all the world to see and maybe the rest will think twice.

• 1 decade ago

Well, the law does. Cruel and unusual punishment is against the law, even if it's done to a bad guy.

Notice the guy who made that statement is a psychology and religion major, not an attorney. He's not even out of college.

Also, those people who have been wrongfully convicted might side with him.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

God isn't mocked. despite the fact that a guy sows is what he will gain. Jesus mentioned be merciful on a similar time as our father in heaven is merciful. it particularly is a ill factor for somebody to do and that i could think of that it replaced into the action of somebody on drugs or suffering from a extreme psychological illness. they say that there at the instant are not any athiests in foxholes. the top that death is a 2d away could desire to supply the godly sorrow that finally ends up in repentance. from time to time, it particularly is unquestionably one of those " in simple terms in case i replaced into incorrect " prayers. God is familiar with of the actuality and he's the two in simple terms and merciful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because, we're the good guys. We have to do it this way, or we're scum just like them. When you take away a man's life, you take away everything he ever was, is, or will be. I hate 'em too, but you must do things in the Light, or you're part of the Darkness.

• 1 decade ago

yes, i am a screaming liberal, but i am not squeemish about the death penalty. if there's any chance that a criminal can do harm again, i say, gtfo. let what ever god will have them deal with their sorry souls.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's called the Constitution. The same document that protects your rights protects the rights of those accused and convicted of crimes. Revenge is not justice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

this is one crime for which there should be a long, lingering and painful death. perhaps in medical testing to save a few animals or testing biological weapons

• 1 decade ago

OMG - Amen!!! They should receive the exact treatment that they gave. They didn't allow their victims to die w/ diginity. Public hangings would also be nice. We could sell popcorn.

• wizjp
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Nothing in my book. The one crime they should bring back public stoning for.

Tell Joshi so did his victims....where were their rights? Who stands for them?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.