Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

what is the best dental insurance plan?

I live in St Louis Missouri and I have Health insurance coverage from Aetna, but I don't have any dental plan. What is the best dental plan?

Favorite Answer

Depends, very often dental insurance is not worth the amount you pay them. First, look at what the maximum is that the dental plan will pay out in 1 year. Normally it is around $1,000 a year. Many people pay this amount in premiums a year and thus are saving NO money by having dental insurance. If your job pays some then it may be worth it OR if the dental insurance has a very high maximum for the year it may be worth it. Most people would do better to put the money into a savings account each month. Lastly, if it looks good be sure to check that there are providers of this insurance near you, otherwise the dentist can charge you more than the agreed insurance price for your part.

Source(s): dental hygienist

I would recommend that you visit this web site where you can get rates from the best companies: http://insurecomparequotes.us/index.html?src=2YAsu...

RE :What is the best dental insurance plan?

Follow 3 answers

I like Metlife! I have it through my employer. I only pay about $2/week for 2 people. My deductible is $25. My annual max is $1500. I also get a lifetime max for orthodontia of $1500, and can use it even though I'm an adult. And I really need braces badly, so I'm really glad I have this plan. I'm not sure what the cost would be if you were buying it on your own. But Metlife has good benefits, and I've had no problems with them.

I am very happy with concordia