In Texas how can I get a subpeona for juvenile criminal records?

I was told we could not subpeona juvenile records. There is a juvenile who is well known to be a habitual liar and it is in her records. Also she likes lying about adult men and women, and now we need those records. Our attorney says we can't subpeona them. Please tell me how we can so I may forward this information to him. Thank you.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If she is a witness in a criminal case, you can certainly get her juvenile records in order to impeach her. However, you will have to get an order from the judge in your case to get the records. . .you can't just subpoena the records. The case that allows access to those records for impeachment is Davis v. Alaska. It is a U.S. Supreme Court case that allows for impeachment of a witness based on their juvenile records in a criminal case. Your lawyer is right that you can't just subpoena the records; you will need an order from a judge.

Source(s): 7 years criminal defense
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Criminal Record Search Database : http://SearchVerifyInfo.com/Support

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If this was a "regular" public record, you might get it under the federal or Texas Freedom of Information Acts, but it isn't. It's like someones Personnel records at work -- a private matter. I imagine your attorney is aware of the limited choices he/she has in this matter. You're not going to teach him anything.

• 1 decade ago

You're asking Yahoo Answerers to give legal advice to your lawyer? Will you pay for this advice? At least as much as you're paying your lawyer? And if the advice is the same as your lawyer's?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You can't. Juvenile records are sealed. Sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.