Scott asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why dont democrats and ACLU fight for men's rights as they do for women rights?

I agree women should be paid the same as men and promoted however equality should be equality across the board.

Why is it that i as a man have to sacrifice my life to serve the country and women dont even though more than 50% of voters are women and women can get financial aid without signing up for selective service.

If a man sleeps with a girl who is 1 day under the age of consent he can go to jail for a longtime like the guy wilson. However Debra Lafave slept with a boy 20 years younger and only got probation in florida.

Child custody and divorce is another issue where men are discriminated. Example look at michael strahan his wife was given $15 million in the marriage yet she did not earned any of those money and would not have earned it had she been working on her own and never met and divorced him.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • justa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Marriages aren't based on if they hadn't married.

For that matter, if Kevin Federline hadn't married Britney he'd be flipping burgers, so your extreme idea doesn't fly, its just the party with the most money pays the party with the less income, for that matter, in the absence of a pre nup, in California its equal division.

Its not women who don't want to join a draft, its the congress who won't let them. Congress is a body almost ninety seven percent male.

The Lafave case is an example of wrong judicial choices.

A male judge by the way. She couldn't have slept with a boy twenty years younger, she was only twenty three at the time. He was fourteen.

Making the case that the stunning young woman seduced an adolescent boy would have led to complete dismissal. But the case was predicated more on looks-ism than sexism, unattractive older or heavier women have gone to jail for much longer terms.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It's a little more complicated than that. i agree that when women demanded equality that the selective service should have been part of it. But the government has to look at a bigger picture. What seems fair on the surface isn't necessarily fair to everyone involved. For example: You have a married couple with their 2.5 children. This couple have no relatives or friends who are able to take the children in so that both parents can serve. What happens to the children? All things have to be considered.

As far as child custody goes, more and more often the father is getting custody. My issue is that until a man has a say in the right of his child to be born, it is not right to force him to take responsibility for the child (if unmarried). The woman should have NO right to abortion inside of a marriage without the husbands consent as well. Women do get the better end of that deal. Things are still unbalanced but it's getting better. Slowly...

Source(s): BTW I am a Woman.
  • 1 decade ago

Selective Service in not in play because we don't have a draft. Child Custody is due to the father has an obligation to pay for the upbringing of his child. On matters pertaining to the teachers sex scandals I have to agree with you, when men are caught they pay a much higher penalty then woman by far. I think in many ways we do have gender inequality working both ways. A woman wants to have the right to an abortion without the fathers consent, and yet, should the father want an abortion and she chooses not to, he has to pay child support. When a woman has sex with a minor, society gives it a half hearted look because the "boy" must have liked it, where in the reverse, it must have been "horrible" for the girl. Then if you look at the military, where pay is the same, Men do a great deal more for the money then women. Women have different physical fitness test, can not do some jobs, (infantry) and yet get the same pay, I call that discrimination.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why don't the Republicans and the NRA fight for ANYONE'S rights, other than the right to walk down the street with a rifle and shoot other people?

Also, to one of the posters above, everything USED to benifit men. Nothing does now. Particularly white males are at the bottom of the heap. Nothing says a company has to hire X amount of white males, it's just assumed a company will.By using this standard, people are being hired on what race and gender they are, not by the skills they have. Someone who has high qualifications for a job may be passed over because of their race or gender, so it's ironic that women's lib/minority activists support it. They want equal rights, but at the expense of equal rights to others. Also, the tag "reverse discrimination" is racist in itself. By using "reverse", it's stating that only certain parties can be discriminated against. Discrimination is discrimination, period.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

it is plenty a lot less complicated to save issues the way they're. a significant reason human beings adversarial lady suffrage is user-friendly lethargy: replace is extra attempt than staying an identical. also, at the same time as something variations, something variations. maximum human beings - yet particularly individuals - are unconditionally fearful of replace. at the same time as human beings will do something to save issues the way they're, they are going to do something to save issues the way they're. .... black suffrage is an enticing situation. on the only hand there have been large and correctly organised lobbies for black integration (a lot extra vociferous than the female suffrage circulate). on the different hand the U. S. had saved slavery for therefore long after another western democracy had abandoned it that there turned right into a particular quantity of self-knowledge about it (even manchester millworkers had despatched messages of help to u . s . a . of america's black communities in the course of the civil warfare). human beings generally underestimate the load of international opinion on individuals, yet its interplay with the slavery situation has been particularly complicated. on the only hand a number of something else of the international has continually disapproved of u . s . a . of america's systemic racism - which has tended to larger the black reason. on the different hand many individuals see apartheid as a function american distinctive feature - which has tended to stay away from integration. kingsley amis' novel 'the alteration' is determined in an in intensity to destiny it truly is exactly segregated alongside race- and creed-lines. amis apparently makes use of a vocabulary reflecting the then concern in south africa (the position nelson mandela changed into nevertheless in detention center) yet makes the apartheid coverage originate interior the U. S..

• Max50
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

According to the DNC and ACLU they believe it is always the man's fault.

If a male teacher had sex with a female student and claim he had dreams about her when she was 10 years old. You all know darn will that he would be put away so long you never hear from him.

Yet a female does the same thing and we have specials about trying to understand her love.

• 1 decade ago

Statutory rape is dealt with on a case-by-case basis. What about Mary Kay LeTourneau? Check out her case and tell me that the same things wouldn't have happened to a man in the same situation.

Men are not discriminated against. The laws are the same for men and for women - unfortunately for your argument, men often earn more money than women and it is for THAT reason, not because of their gender, that they end up paying child support and alimony.

In cases where the woman makes more money, trust me, the same thing happens to them that you're claiming only happens to men.

• 1 decade ago

I'd be interested in seeing the ACLU's response to this. Suppose you ask them, then post our question and the response with your comments? Otherwise, it's impossible to give any thoughtful or informed answer to your question without researching each of your assertions.

• 1 decade ago

Because like it or not, it's a MAN'S WORLD out there. You already have most of the perks. And for every Michael Strahan, there are thousands of single moms struggling to raise their kids on next to nothing because their husbands deserted them. Nice try, but this woman isn't buying it...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wouldn't want to see women in combat. Its doubtful how effective they would be anyway.

I agree with you that divorce battles usually favour women.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.