Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 1 decade ago

Korean age?

somebody... lease explain clearly the age/bday system in korea. and how does the lunar calendar work? how is it related to bdays?! thanks... example i was born at march 14, 1994

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Helena
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As of January first, you turned one year older. Every one did. So you are actually one year older that your birth date.

• 3 years ago

Korean Age

• Korean age is kinda weird.

As soon as your born, you are considered as a one year old..

and every January 1st, you turn one year older.

This way your american age can be 1-2yrs less than your Korean age.

I am 14 in America and 16 in Korea.

You are probably about 15 or something..

The lunar calendar doesn't really relate

in the old times Koreans used to use the lunar calendar so my parents have like 2 different birthdates.. soo forget about that

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

International age is what americans use, the western way of stating your age.

In korea, when you were born you're already 1 yr. old. Then, every new year, you become a year older... but when you celebrate your bday, whatever age you turned to that new year, that's the age you'll celebrate. Example, this new year I turned 16. On my bday, I'll celebrate my 16th bday...

this is based from what i've read...

Source(s): any korean can correct me or agree with me... :D
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

when your starting a new year like example last yr ur 14 then so when the first january starts this yr u turn 15 already everyone is considered 15 as an example and soo on

• 1 decade ago

Have a look at this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_calendar

My husband is Korean. His Korean birthday is January 22, English birthday February 13. (Just as an example)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some Asian countries have two type of ages one is called international age another is national age. Nationanl age is a year more I dont know why. Maybe because we give one year to baby as he/she is born.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

simple. if you already passed your birth day this year. add 1 to your age. if you not, add to 2 to your age

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.